CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

Backfire

January 12, 2013. Saturday. Early morning on his way to his SUV to travel back to Gannevo, the housemaid handed him an envelope.

"I saw this envelope in the mail box as I checked the newspaper, sir."

Inside the SUV, he opened the envelope. It contained pictures of him and Callie during their dinner date and during the launching of her Calliope Scents. A possible story for the photos was also included. The story –

Perfume Entrepreneur Romancing a Billionaire to Have Revenge

Perfume entrepreneur Calliope Zaragoza was seen incredibly intimate with billionaire Callix Emmanuel Valderama in two occasions. It seems that they were cooking up something to get even with the Zaragozas. Top model Penelope Zaragoza is very much hated by her half-sister Calliope. The perfume entrepreneur hated her father's second family for ruining her own family. While the tech genius wanted to get even with Penelope Zaragoza coz she rejected his affections for her back in college humiliating him so much that a group of frat men even decided to beat him up. According to our source, the two wanted to bring down the struggling ZTC. The billionaire wanted to buy out the shares of the rest of the Zaragozas with an exemption of Calliope's shares.

Such also came with a personally hand-written note from Penelope which contained –

Callix ,

This will be out in the papers tomorrow if you don't agree to marry me and save ZTC.

Penelope

He was so furious. He phoned his publicist to act on this possible smear campaign against him and Callie. He explained the situation and requested for preventive measures.

He also called Andres Zaragoza about his change of mind regarding the buyout. He even informed the old man regarding his younger daughter blackmailing him.

After two hours, they reached Callie's small bamboo palace inside Zaragoza farm. The house was a two-story structure made primarily of high-class wood and bamboo. The roof was made of cogon grass carefully netted. The entire house was under the transparent fiberglass slanted roofing erected highly. Callie's bamboo palace as he regarded it had four bedrooms, five bathrooms, a state-of-the art kitchen, a spacious dining room, a library, an office area, a spacious living room, a mini gym, a mini home theatre, and a beautiful surrounding veranda overseeing all the views around the farm. Outside the house were also a small infinity pool, a beautiful garden, and a spacious garage. She had it built after her graduation. He had seen it featured in a lifestyle magazine.

He kissed her forehead as she met him by the driveway. Romano, on the other hand, was accommodated by Caloy at their small house behind the bamboo palace.

She asked, "Have you had breakfast already?"

His cheerful reply was – "Nope! I know you'll feed me here with your all organic meals."

So they proceeded to the kitchen where Callie prepared breakfast for them. He assisted her with the juicer in preparing freshly squeezed orange and pineapple juice while she steamed sliced broccolis, carrots and bell peppers, and fried organic eggs and home-made beef tapa on olive oil.

They ate their breakfast at the kitchen table.

She noticed Callix's serious disposition, "You seemed to be in deep thought. What seems to be the problem?"

He smiled at her and said, "Let's finish breakfast first then I'll tell you the problem."

She agreed, "Okay."