CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Awkward

Things had been far much different, when they attended the wedding anniversary party of Charles and Stephanie at Chef Daniel Boulud's eponymous Michelin two-star restaurant in New York City called Daniel. The entire Bellecour Room with 90 guests seating capacity was booked for private dining that evening for the wedding anniversary celebration of Charles and Stephanie. (A/N:  The Bellecour Room photo  below)

She and Callix had to move around and mingle with the other guests before the multi-course dinner was served

She and Callix had to move around and mingle with the other guests before the multi-course dinner was served. It went well because Callix was always on her side and she wasn't very new to socializing. She could very well hold a good conversation with anyone. But the awkwardness started when they already sat down for the dinner.

Unluckily, they were seated with Charles, Stephanie, Penelope, and Penelope's fiancé, Aamir Tawfeek in a six-seat round table with their seating position clockwise – Stephanie, Charles, hers, Callix, Aamir, and Penelope. She had to endure almost three hour of listening and talking with them. And to top it all, she wasn't feeling very well. She didn't like the smell of some food due to her pregnancy.

As the L'Apéritif (Aperitif), the first course, was served Callie just settled with flat water and a few bites of the salty foods (olives, crackers, and mixed nuts) and hors-d'œuvres (finger foods) as well as small pieces of bread.

Aamir immediately noticed it and asked her, "Don't you drink, Callie?" Aamir was already on first-name basis with them coz they had already met at VZTG inauguration. He really seemed friendly and genuine in knowing Penelope's family, relatives and friends which even if Penelope didn't like included her and Callix.

She politely smiled and said, "I really usually don't drink much, Aamir. But I am pregnant so I need to totally avoid alcohol."

Charles then shared, "Callix is one very lucky man. It didn't take a long while for you to get pregnant, Callie. Steph and I have been trying ever since we got married but we haven't successfully gotten pregnant yet."

Callix shared, "Well, we want a big family so we started early."

Aamir also shared gazing at his fiancée, "I also want a big family."

Stephanie then asked, "So, when will be the wedding?"

Penelope had proudly imparted, "We'll have a Muslim wedding ceremony in Dubai this June. You Charles and Steph should definitely be present. Aamir wanted it to be so lavish so we're still busy with the preparations."

Aamir extended the casual invitation to Callix and Callie as well, "We'll also expect you, Callix, Callie.

Callix replied, "We'll try, Aamir, but we won't make any promise. I'm aware that the festivities for a Muslim wedding can last for days. Our schedules in June is really hectic. We might just be able to spare a day but we still need to check with her doctors if it's safe for her and the baby to travel at such time. Callie and I both have busy work schedules. Her perfume company is going international while I am really busy with my tech company and then add VZTG which we just inaugurated a few weeks ago."