CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT

The Proposal

January 18, 2013. Friday.

After their usual morning chat, Callie received a call from her father.

"Yes, Dad," she replied.

"I'm on my way to Missi. Andrew called me up yesterday. He needs my help on his new business."

She was happy for her father, "That's good news! Good luck on this business."

After their usual lunch chat, Callie received a call from Callix's mother.

"Yes, Mommy. What can I do for you?"

Her boyfriend's mother said, "Callix told us he'll be there at your place tonight. So, will the two of you stay here at the isle for the weekend?"

"Mom, there are still media groups by the main gate of the farm. I'm really afraid to come out," she expressed her anxiousness.

"I understand, Callie. So, shall I send some of Callix's clothes there?"

She was unsure, "I'm not sure if he'll stay here for the weekend, Mom."

Callix's mother offered her words of wisdom, "You don't need to be afraid of people knowing about your relationship with my son, dear. There will always be people who will be envious of you. They might even speculate bad things. But Callix and us know the real you, Callie. We love you. So don't be afraid to come out. Let the world know how happy you are. Let them be envious! You're a very special lady that's why my son loves you so much. Let him protect you. Let the bashers die from envy."

She felt good hearing those words, "Thanks, Mommy. I will let you know our weekend plans once Callix and I talked about it."

Callie busied herself in the kitchen to prepare dinner once Callix told her he was leaving his office and would travel directly to her place.

She just finished dressing up for dinner after freshening up when Callix arrived. When she went down to meet him he bestowed her with a large bouquet of white lilies and bloody red roses and a very passionate kiss on her lips.

The kiss was very long. They just parted their lips when they ran out of air.

"I miss you so much, cupcake," he said resting his forehead on hers.

"I prepared dinner," she told him.

He told her, "I brought dessert, your favorite chocolate truffle cake."

"Let's then eat now," she led him to the dining area.

Her nanny was already done setting up the table.

They shared the delicious and sumptuous dinner Callie had prepared. When they were almost done, Callix got the mini cake from the refrigerator and served his girlfriend her favorite dessert.

As he set down the plate containing the mini round chocolate truffle cake topped with three cherries, she right away noticed the humongous princess cut diamond engagement ring on top of one of the cherries.

She looked at him so surprised then he knelt down on one knee and asked her, "Will you eat this dessert and marry me afterwards, my love?"

She didn't expect him to propose right away. Nevertheless, she felt overwhelmingly happy, "Yes, I will eat this dessert and marry you, munchkin."

He got the 20 carat engagement ring and put it on her left ring finger. Then he reached for the fork, sliced a small piece of the cake, and fed her with it.