CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

The Confrontation

The Zaragozas were transported from his private dock through a speedboat to Calliope Isle. As they saw the majestic vacation home located at a much elevated area the middle of the isle, they couldn't help but be wowed. The entire private isle was so beautiful. It was really evident that lots of money had been spent on creating such paradise. Every detail seemed to be expensive. The overall landscape was superb. There were four watch towers around the entire isle. The big beautiful dock had specific areas for the speedboats, for a yacht, and for a floatplane. The beautiful house stood majestically in the elevated area where there were beautifully outlined steps to go up and down. Around the main house, there was also the spacious pool area with a big kidney-shaped swimming pool, a Jacuzzi, a not so big kiddie pool, changing rooms, lounging area, and dining area; the multi-purpose covered court for sports activities; and the beautiful garden with sitting areas and lots of beautiful flowers and orchids. On a much lower area of the isle, there were smaller houses probably for the employees; a small organic farm where fruit trees, vegetables, and some animal were grown; a mini golf course; and a beach area with a lifeguard tower, accommodation facilities, lounging beds with tents, and beach sports facilities.

The navigator escorted them into Callix's office inside the main house.

Patricia then asked the navigator while they were seated in the luxurious couches in the sitting area of the office, "Why is it very quiet here? I though Mr. Callix Valderama's parents lived here."

The navigator answered, "The family left to attend a mass in La Pez Island. They will arrive anytime now. Sir, asked me to escort you here upon our arrival."

As soon as the navigator left, a maid came in with a tray of refreshments.

Then they heard some noise from outside.

Penelope stood up and looked outside from the window. She was so shocked upon seeing Calliope holding hands while walking with Callix. His parents also seemed to like her half-sister very much.

She sat back at the couch beside her mother as the Valderamas had already entered the house. After a few minutes, Callix had entered the room with his lawyers.

He addressed everyone, "I hope you haven't waited that long. My family just arrived from the main island from a Sunday Mass. Enjoy your snacks and then afterwards we can go through the contract."

His lawyers had arranged the necessary documents at the conference table area of the office.

Andres Zaragoza then asked him, "So, where are your parents?"

He answered, "They are having snacks with my girlfriend by the swimming pool."

Andrew was surprised, "You already have a girlfriend?"

Callix happily shared, "I just succeeded on convincing her yesterday. Once my parents found out about it, they called her up and insisted that she stayed over for the weekend. I fetched her last night. My parents love her so much."

Andrew commented, "She's one lucky girl to be able to win your heart."

Callix rebutted, "I'm the lucky one coz she entrusted her heart to me. She's a very beautiful person inside and out."

Penelope seemed to be impatient so she said, "I think we should all go down to business already. We're here to sign the papers so let's do it so we can already leave. I still have a flight to catch early morning tomorrow."

Andres, Andrew, Penelope all went to the conference table. Patricia followed them.

When they were already seated. Andres and Andrew read the documents.