CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Social Functions

In March 31, 2013. Easter Sunday. VZTG had been inaugurated and a total twenty new products (toys and gadgets) were initially launched which included – the instant mini camera that comes in different colors; touch-screen gamepads (7-inch and 10-inch) whose functionality was just for game apps which can store up at most 100 game apps; colorful interactive robotic pets (puppy, kitten, joey, lion cub, and panda cub); colorful talking, moving and walking mini robots which can be transformed into remote-controlled vehicles (sports car, airplane, helicopter, motorbike, and speedboat); and many more.

It was the first social function that they attended as a married couple. Callie's baby bump wasn't visible yet at such time. In the past, Callie seldom attended social functions of the upper class. She didn't like the hypocrisy. But as Callix's wife, she needed to face such life again of attending social functions with lots of hypocrite people. Callix invited her father along with his family to attend the event out of courtesy. They all attended including Aamir Tawfeek, Penelope's fiancé.

Callix never left her side. If she had to use the restroom in the duration of the event which was often because of her pregnancy, Cara would accompany her to the ladies' room while two or more security personnel would be outside for backup.

Penelope's fiancé was an exactly different matter. He seemed to be a very nice guy who genuinely cared for her half-sister. He might not be very handsome like Callix but he was not ugly. He seemed to be very doting with Penelope. Well, she really hoped that Penelope would also find the man who would love her truly.

Aamir had also gotten along very well with Callix.

They even talked about each other's businesses.

Aamir had expressed, "It's really a great honor to be invited in this inauguration, Mr. Valderama."

Callix replied, "Drop the formalities. You can call me Callix and then I'll call you Aamir."

Aamir told him his intention to avail his CMOS as well as the CSS, "I had been studying all your products for quite some time. I think my oil company would need you CMOS and CSS."

Callix talked in businessman mode, "I will let you talk with my Management Team Leader and my Tech Team Leader for all the details. They can answer all your questions. Once you decided to avail those software products then we can sign the contracts." He handed him a business card, "You can contact that number and set an appointment. My PA Owen Santos will answer it and will guide you on the process once you decided to know more about those products."

In one of Callie's trips to the ladies' room, she had encountered Penelope.

Penelope didn't let such opportunity pass by without giving a snide comment, "I heard you're pregnant with the nerd's baby. I just hope he won't cheat on you if you're already as big as a whale."

Callie tried not to be affected. She just smiled and said, "Thanks for the concern," and then she left with Cara.

Apparently, Cara had reported it to her husband so when they reached their bedroom that night at the Valderama Residence after the inauguration, Callix had made love to her with so much passion and gentleness.

At the aftermath, he told her, "I won't ever cheat on you even if you get very big, cupcake. Don't be affected by your sister's snide comments. Her intention was to piss you off."

She confided, "And she somehow succeeded. I trust you very much, munchkin. But I think the pregnancy hormones are making me emotional and insecure."

He hugged her tightly and wiped away her tears. He kissed her lips softly, gently touched her tummy, looked down on it and said as he continuously caressed it, "Baby, please help Daddy make Mommy understand that even if you grow bigger inside Mommy's womb, Daddy would always stay true to Mommy."