Chapter One: Can We Be Okay?

-----------------------------
(F/N) Your Name
(L/N) Last Name
(Y/YT/N) Your Youtube Name
(H/C) Hair Color
(E/C) Eye Color
(Italics) Thoughts
(Bold) Author's Note
----------------------------

As I wiped my eyes a small knock came upon the door. The door which felt like a thin piece of paper where anyone could come in. But it also felt like iron bars... so strong, making it feel like a cage.

"(F/N)... hey babe are you in there? Barney said you were." Max said quietly.

"Yeah... I'm in here give me a second." I shot up from my spot on the floor and wiped my tears away. I turned on the light and let him in.

"Hey... What happened?" Max asked worried closing the door and rushing to my side.

"Nothing..." I looked away from his dark eyes. I could already feel fresh tears stinging my eyes.

"Don't lie to me." Max sat me down in my chair and he kneeled on his knee so he could look at me.

"I-I can't do this any more." My voice croaked... tears fell down my eyes. His eyes looked broken.

"What... what do you mean? You can't do this? Us? Or something else?" Max tried hard to stay calm... but I could tell he was ready to fall apart with me.

"I just... it's suffocating. I need a break." I shoved my way past him and out the door.

~Max's Perspective~

I sat there dumbstruck. When it all clicked that she walked out... tears sprang from my eyes. I have to go get her. As I ran down the hallway Barney passed by me.

"She told you?" He said... making me stop dead in my tracks.

"Told me what?" I said breathing out an angry sigh.

"Never mind." Barney said walking away into his office.

I kept running till I got to the parking lot. She was already making her way out. I fell to my knees as I saw the tears that were running down her face. I pulled out my phone, trying in anyway to keep her with me... to keep her close. "Are we okay?" I texted.

Now all I needed was her response.

~(F/N)'s Perspective~

As I drove my phone went off. I didn't dare look at it knowing it was Max. I went home to pack a suitcase. I was going to the airport... I needed to visit someone.