Chapter 4: Old Faces, Old Memories

-----------------------------
(F/N) Your Name
(L/N) Last Name
(Y/YT/N) Your Youtube Name
(H/C) Hair Color
(E/C) Eye Color
(Italics) Thoughts
(Bold) Author's Note
----------------------------
(E/N) Ex's Name
----------------------------

  Daniel and I looked at eachother... then the door... then back at eachother. I stood from the chair and walked through the cool house to the front door. Daniel did the same, but stayed in the kitchen. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

  "Joey! I'm here to do the vid-" Shane shouted.

  "(F/N)..." Shane paused... something in his brain wasn't clicking for him.

  "Hey Shaney.... How are ya doing?" I smiled akwardly at him.

Daniel came from the kitchen, I was giving him a look that read HELP ME YOU BLOODY IDIOT. But all he did was laugh and go upstairs. I walked behind Shane sighing and closed the front door. Then I grabbed a chair from the dinning room and sat it in front of him. I sat down and waited. After a minute or two it finally clicked.

  "OH MY GOD YOU'RE IN L.A.!" He shouted.

  "Yep... I'm visiting. I wanted to see you because every year I try to visit, you avoid seeing me." I stood up, I think he saw the hurt in my eyes.

  "Sorry." He whispered.

  I huffed, "It's whatever now. Come on we have a lot to talk about." I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the living room.

   "S-so how have you been... like you said it's been a while." Shane looked down.

  "You FINALLY came out, good for you." I smiled a bit as I leaned back.

  "You finally got a good job as an editor." Shane smiled at me.

  "Yeah I did, and my boyfriend is one too. However we're not on speaking tearms... I guess." I looked down.

  "I didn't know you had a boyfriend, what's his name?" He asked.

  "His name is Max." I pulled up a picture off my phone and showed it too him.

  "DANGGG GIRL HE BE FINE LOOKIN!" Shane snapped sassily.

  I laughed at him being so silly, his expression softened. "I really missed you ya know." Shane smiled softly.

  "Me too. I'm sorry about the fight we had way back when." I could feel tears sting my eyes. "I didn't want things to end the way they did... I didn't want to leave everyone behind... and I didn't want to be hurt. It was just for the better... that's what I thought at the time." I wiped away a tear that had fallen.

  "You were going through a lot... no one could've truly blamed you. And I forgave you after you said everything. It was only natural for you to explode at some point. You put up with (E/N) crap for two years (F/N). TWO years. And you smiled through every minute." Shane hugged me as tears began to fall down our faces.

  I didn't want to let him go... my best friend.

---------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys. I am so sorry the chapter was short, but school just started and I've been really busy with high school stuff and color guard. I just wanted to let you all know that I'm not dead and I'll try to update more on the weekends. I'll try to have a set update schedule in the future. I'm sorry, and thank you all for being so patient.

(Shane Dawson... so cool *girly squeals*)

Love ya!

-Scattered_Memories