Chapter 10: It's Time for the Truth

-----------------------------
(F/N) Your Name
(L/N) Last Name
(Y/YT/N) Your Youtube Name
(H/C) Hair Color
(E/C) Eye Color
(F/C) Favorite Color
(Italics) Thoughts
(Bold) Author's Note
----------------------------

  Max and I sat silently in the car, our fingers intertwined.

  "I'm not going anywhere." Max laughed, I didn't realize until now that I was squeezing his hand.

  "Sorry!" I yelped and pulled my hand away.

  "Is everything okay (F/N)? You seem tired. Have you been getting enough sleep?" Max touched my shoulder gingerly.

  "No... everything is not okay." I confessed. "I haven't been completely honest with you. I need to tell you what's going on." I let out a shakey breath.

  As we pulled up in the driveway I looked at Max and kissed him sweetly. "Come on you need to meet my family first." I smiled at him.

  Max looked very lost and confused. I pulled out his luggage and brought them inside. Daniel sat at the dinning room staring down into a box. When I slammed the door he jumped and closed the box. I felt fear rising in my veins. Max could see that. He grabbed my hands and walked with me in the house.

  "Hey Daniel where's Joey? Oh, this is Max. Max this is Daniel my brothers boyfriend." I introduced them.

  "Nice to meet you." Daniel shook his hand and vice versa.

  "You too."

  "I'm going to go get Joey." Daniel quickly picked up the box and ran up the stairs.

  "That was odd." Max laughed.

  "Yeah, it was probably nothing, it could be been a gift he didn't want us to see." I laughed it off with him.

  I looked around and pulled Max outside to the patio.

  "Now, I really need to tell you what's going on. So I'll start from the beginning." I took a deep breath, and began.

  "I was in an abusive relationship for three years. I'll spare all of the gory details, for now. When I finally had the courage to leave I left behind my entire life, my brother, my family, and my best friend... I ended up moving to Washington and working for Adam. I dated John for a year, and then we broke up. And then I met you... I've fallen in love with you Max. I and think you need to know where I come from.... and who I really am. But there is one more thing.... He's stalking me."

  His face dropped. I turned around and saw Joey standing behind me his face covered in tears.