Chapter 8: Safe With Me? Part 1

-----------------------------
(F/N) Your Name
(L/N) Last Name
(Y/YT/N) Your Youtube Name
(H/C) Hair Color
(E/C) Eye Color
(F/C) Favorite Color
(Italics) Thoughts
(Bold) Author's Note
----------------------------

  I eventually left the bathroom once Joey and Daniel went back to bed. I hid the photos in an extra backpack I had. Couldn't sleep the rest of the night... morning? Max had messaged me saying he was getting ready to take off at seven. When Joey came down to make breakfast he kept eyeing me like I was wrapped in a straight jacket trying to eat an apple.

  "Did I grow an extra head?" I snapped at him brining him.back to reality.

  "No. But you have grown an extra additude." Joey snapped back with his hands resting on his hips.

  I sighed frustrated I shoved my chair backwards and slammed the sliding door as I retreated outside. I took off my socks and dipped my feet into the pool. It was still a little cool out, plus it was still really early.

  A little bit later Joey walked outside.

  "Come to yell at me again?" I grumbled.

  "I've come out here to apologize." He growled, then took a deep breath. He sat next to me.

   "Joey... I'm rea-" I was going to apologize first but he held up his hand stopping me.

  "(F/N) you are always going to be my annoying sister that I love. You will have to understand that I haven't seen you in years, and I just learned about the hell you've lived in for three years. I don't mean to snap at you. And I hope you don't mean to snap at me, but I'm still a little upset over you not telling me anything." Joey whispered sadly.

  "I'm sorry for snapping. I couldn't get any sleep last night and I shouldn't have taken it out on you. Joey hear me when I say I didn't mean to keep anything from you, in the moment I thought I was protecting you." Tears stung at my (E/C) eyes, "I'm so sorry."

  "Hey it's okay (F/N) don't cry." Joey hugged me as I silently sobbed into his shoulder.

  "It's all going to be okay. You're safe now, that is what is important." Joey squeezed me tighter.

Am I?