Chapter Six: A Friend At Last

I looked to see if Jimin pulled my wrist, it wasn't him, my wrist was just caught by a street pole. A piece of sharp metal that was attached to the street pole gave my sweater a hole. I was hoping it was Jimin but it wasn't. I went straight to my apartment.

I waited for the time to pass by until 8:00 pm, so that I can just eat, wash my dish, and go to sleep early. Tomorrow, I will try and enjoy my life before it ends.

* * *

The next morning, I woke up at 8:17 am. I ate breakfast and dressed up, I decided to wear something casual and I chose this:

 I ate breakfast and dressed up, I decided to wear something casual and I chose this:

It was comfortable. I went to the park and decided to sit there since there was nothing to do. I watched people have fun while I was there enjoying my time, actually while I was there unhappy. I watched and watched until it was already 2:00 pm. 

As I was about to leave, I took a quick glance around the place. It was pretty, the playgrounds were full of happy children, the grass was greener than ever, and happy couples walking around. I had enough looking.

On my way to my apartment, I heard a voice calling from behind, it was a female's voice. I didn't bother looking towards her because I already know that she wouldn't be calling me and besides, I don't even know anyone.

"Miss," the girl called from behind.

I turned around as she tapped my shoulders.

"Yes?" I replied in uncertainty.

"Oh, you left your wallet on the bench that you were sitting on over there," she mentioned as she pointed towards the bench.

I took a close look at the wallet and realized it was mine.

"Thank you so much, you're a nice person," I thanked her as she had a huge smile on her face.

"No problem and you're welcome, well, have a good night!"she stated and started heading back the opposite way as me.

"Okay, Bye!" I said happily.

As I got home, it was quiet as usual, I decided to get some diner and watch television for the mean time. As I was eating, I received a phone call from work.

"Hello!" I said in excitement.

"Would you mind working tomorrow?" the person asked through the phone.

"Yes! I would love to and what time?" I asked cheerfully.

"At 1:00 pm, the same time you worked last time and a person will give you a schedule when you get there," the person said.

"Oh okay, awesome!" I stated as I wrote down what time I was suppose to be there at.

"Okay, bye-bye." the person uttered as they hand up.

"Bye." I responded back.

My job just made my day, I better go find a clothing I can wear tomorrow before I go to bed. The diner I was eating was spaghetti that Jimin and I cooked a day ago, it was delicious! I went in my room as soon as I was done eating and chose what I was going to wear.

 The diner I was eating was spaghetti that Jimin and I cooked a day ago, it was delicious! I went in my room as soon as I was done eating and chose what I was going to wear

I loved it! It was perfect. I changed into my pajamas. I was looking for slippers, as I looked under the bed, I saw a photo. It was a photo of Taehyung and I, I quickly crumbled up the photo and threw it out of the garbage as quick as possible. I massaged my temples and went to sleep afterwards.

* * *

It was the next morning, I decided to read a book instead of watching television. I waited until the time hits 12:00 pm, and I can get ready for work. The book was hilarious and romantic at the same time, I couldn't get enough of it.

I went to my room and thought about the girl that retrieved my wallet. I should've asked for for name in order for me to make friends, but I screwed it up, what can you expect from me.

I kept wondering about it, it was bugging me for some reason but it didn't bother me that long.

I started getting ready for work, it was the same thing I did last time.

* * *

I started walking my way to work, I was ten minutes early. As I was walking, I saw the girl from yesterday. I walked up to her.

"Hey, it's you from yesterday, remember me?" I asked happily.

"Oh yeah! It's you! I remember," she said cheerfully.

"What are you doing?" I asked in curiosity.

"I'm just on my way to work, what about you?" she asked showing interest towards me.

"I'm on my way to work as well!" I stated with a shocked face.

"First of all, let me introduce myself, I'm Brooklyn but you can call me Brooke!" she uttered while glancing at the time.

"I'm Natalie," I responded radiantly.

"I have to go, is it okay if I meet you here at 5:00 pm?" she asked in a hurry.

"Yeah! it's fine, I'll meet you here then, bye Brooke!" I stated as I waved goodbye.

"Okay, thanks, bye." she said as she waved goodbye back.

Is this a dream? I actually have a friend that I can talk to, I'm so happy! On my way to work, I kept thinking about it.

I soon arrived to work, the person handed me a schedule. My schedule said I'll be working twice a week during Wednesdays and Thursdays. It was fine by me but I was kind of expecting five days a week since I don't have anything to do at my apartment. I'll be finishing work at 4: 30.

* * *

As soon as I got off at work, I quickly walked towards my apartment and got changed. As I was walking my way to the place Brooke told me to meet her, I saw her and waved.

"Hey, would you mind talking inside the ice cream shop over there?" I stated as I pointed at the ice cream shop.

"Yeah, I would love to!" Brooke said in excitement.

As we walked towards the ice cream shop, I could already see Jimin. We got our orders and sat down.

"Thank you for retrieving my wallet, you don't know how much that means to me!" I uttered as I took a bite of my ice cream.

"Ah, that was nothing," she responded as she scratched her scalp.

"What do you do for a living?" she added.

"I am an accountant, what do you do?" I asked afterwards.

"I'm a manger at a store," she replied.

"Oh that's cool," I stated.

Jimin walked towards us.

"So, do you have a boyfriend?" Brooke asked in curiosity while she had a grin on her face.

___________________________________________________ 

A/N- If you're a little confuse right now, do not fret, just keep reading!^^

To be continued. . .