Chapter Ten: He's Back

A/N- Play the song above you as you're reading this. For those of you that would like to know the title of the song it's called Davichi- This Love (piano version). I hope you enjoy this chapter.

___________________________________

"What do you mean by starting over?" I asked him to clarify what he means.

"Leave the guy that you dance with a while ago, and come back to me Natalie, I'll leave Brooke for you, I still love you Natalie, I was just drunk that time, please," Taehyung stated sincerely as he held my hands that were on the table.

I looked at him with bewildered eyes. As I was about to speak, Jimin came at last.

"Hey Natalie, here you go," Jimin stated as he handed me a glass of water.

"Thanks," I uttered as I took a sip of it.

"Are you Natalie's boyfriend?" Taehyung suddenly asked as I almost choked from drinking.

Jimin and I looked at each other.

"Uh, she's my—" I stopped Jimin mid sentence.

"I'm his girlfriend!" I stated as I turned red.

Jimin placed his arm around me as he acted along.

Thanks Jimin, I really don't want Taehyung to come back to me, I thought to myself as I looked at him and smiled.

Taehyung just looked at us with anger, especially Jimin.

"Hey guys, what's up?" Brooke came and sat beside Taehyung.

"Nothing," Jimin stated as he pulled his arm away from me.

Taehyung glared towards Jimin and I.

"Taehyung, let's dance," Brooke suggested enthusiastically.

"Sure," Taehyung uttered in a low tone.

"Is there something wrong?" Brooke asked.

"Uh, nothing, let's go," Taehyung said as he led Brooke towards the dance floor.

As they were dancing, Taehyung kept looking at Jimin and I. Jimin fidgeted in his seat, looking directly at me, he then leaned close across the table and rested his chin upon his palm, gazing at me with utter silence.

"So, what kind of relationship you had with Taehyung in the past? I mean, if you don't mind me asking," Jimin mumbles.

"It's none of your business," I retort.

"Well, you're making it my business by pretending we're dating in front of him." Jimin remarks.

"Fine," I rolled my eyes.

* * *

"So that happened?" Jimin looks at me with worried eyes.

"I know, I sound like a loser. Don't need to rub it in," I sighed.

"I'm not rubbing it in, don't be too sensitive," Jimin crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes down towards me.

"Sorry," I averted my gaze and watched Taehyung and Brooke dance instead of looking at Jimin.

"Anyways, what if he comes back for you? What will happen to Brooke if he ever does?" Jimin states.

"That's what I'm worried about. I don't want Brooke to get hurt, and I certainly don't want Taehyung back in my life." I muttered, feeling nostalgic at the past memories of Taehyung and I.

"Don't worry, I'm here," Jimin smiles as he places a hand on my wrist. His cold touch sent shivers down my spine, but it soothed me in a way.

"Thanks, Jimin," I smiled. Just by him holding me, I did not feel a single bit of discomfort. I knew I can trust Jimin. He's proven himself as worthy to become my friend. I'm lucky I've met him.

As I was done talking, Taehyung and Brooke started coming back towards the table.

"Act like my girl friend now," Jimin whispers and we both interlock our fingers together.

"Hey guys, I think I might have to rush towards home right now, emergency at home," Brooke sheepishly smiled and Jimin and I nod approvingly.

"Taehyung, will you be alright, here?" Brooke asks as she clutch her fingers on his sleeve.

"Yeah, go on ahead. I'll be fine," Taehyung replies reassuringly, glancing at me with a smirk plastered on his face. I glared at him and looked at Jimin with a lovey dovey look. I cringed.

"Okay guys, bye!" Brooke waves goodbye and we all wave back at her.

"I think I need to go home as well," I stated, standing up as I gently pulled my hand away from Jimin's grip.

"Let me walk you home!" Jimin and Taehyung said in unison. After realizing that Jimin and Taehyung had said the same sentence, they both started a glaring contest. I, however, was facepalming myself.

"I'll walk by myself, thanks for offering though," I sighed and furrowed my eyebrows at them, swiftly walking past them as they looked bewildered.

As I was filing out the house, I felt two grips on each of my arms. Pulling me back vigorously, I shot my head backwards and looked at Jimin and Taehyung. Jimin got a hold of my right arm while Taehyung had the left.

"L-Let go!" I pulled my arms away and gritted my teeth in anticipation.

"I am worried! I just thought that maybe I could walk you home. It's dangerous for a girl to be walking home in the dark," Jimin remarks.

"I'm perfectly fine, Jimin-" I was suddenly cut off by Taehyung.

"I know you guys aren't dating, it's so obvious that you guys are faking it, if he was really your boyfriend, you'd let him walk you home," Taehyung remarks, a small smirk escaped his lips. I was fueling with anger towards his statement.

"Why Taehyung? When we were dating in the past, did you ever walk me home?" I scoffed.

_____________________________________

A/N- Thank you so much to @jisoohasmyhearteu for helping me write this chapter!! Go check out her amazing account that is full of amazing stories!! Stay tune for the next update! Don't forget to vote and comment!! Bye for now!!

To be continued. . .