-Drunken Mistakes-

//smut warning\\
(Vic's POV)

I sighed deeply, resting my chin on my palm, waiting for the bar tender to hand me my beer.

"You okay, dude?" Jaime asks from my left side. I glance at him and nod, giving him a small smile.

"Yeah, today was just tiring." He gave me a nod in understanding, taking a sip of his own drink. What I said was true, however. The boys and I were back on tour, and to say I was exhausted was an understatement. Don't get me wrong, I love playing shows and meeting the fans, but a day off would be nice. There was something else bothering me, though. Only, I couldn't tell anyone, and that's the fact that I have been feeling more attracted to my best friend, in a more than friendly way.

Jaime, well, he was completely oblivious, and he didn't mind me being closer to him because we've always acted like that, but he doesn't know that I find it more meaningful than it is to him. Danielle and I have split ways a few months back, so I'm not upset with it because it was a mutual decision. She wanted to further her modeling career to more worldwide places and her work usually cut in when I got home, so we wouldn't see each other often. It sucked, being with a girl for over two years, but it's understandable. We just didn't have time.

But Jaime and I, we always are together. Even out of tour or band related stuff. We'd hang out, go to parties together, have random talks over text or phone, it was rare when we would take time to ourselves, not that I'm complaining. I enjoyed his presences and his happy-go-lucky vibe. When he smiled or laughed, everyone else would smile or laugh even if they were in a bad mood. He just had an admirable character, an outgoing personality and wonderful charms.

He wasn't someone I aspired to be; he was someone I aspired to be with.

"I need something stronger," I mumble, setting my, now empty, beer bottle down.

"Planning to get hammered?" Jaime teases, gently nudging his shoulder against mine.

"That's exactly what I'm planning. How'd you know?" I let out a weak laugh, calling the bartender over. "Give me some Jack, on the rocks." I request, giving the lady a smile.

Shortly after getting my drink, I feel a presence to my right. I glance over and notice a darker skinned, small, petite girl with curly hair, giving me a small smirk.

"I hope this seat isn't taken?" She asks, looking up at me curiously. I shake my head, giving her a smile too.

"No, it's not."

"Well, good. What is a handsome guy like you doing at a bar by yourself?" She questions, eyeing me up and down. More or less, checking me out.

"He's not by himself!" Jaime calls, peeking over my shoulder at her.

"Oh, I didn't notice, but-"

"I'm sorry," I apologize for cutting her off. "But, I'm not looking for any of that at the moment." I inwardly cringe, feeling like a douche that I'm turning down a potential girl who could've erased my head, even if it's just for one night.

"Vic," Jaime mumbles by my ear, causing me to look at him. "C'mon I know you've been wanting someone, give her a shot." He whispers, just for me to hear.

"No, I'm good." I force a small smile, then turn back to the lady.

"It's okay," she zips her purse close before standing up. "Have a nice night." She smiles before walking off to somewhere else in the bar. I glance at her suspiciously, but shrug it off and take a sip of my drink. It tastes a bit different than usual, yet again, I haven't drank anything other than beer in awhile.