-Just Friends-

(Vic's POV)

Best friend is what you used to always call me. Nothing more, nothing less. And I was okay with that.

Well, almost okay with it.

I wanted to be something a bit more to you, but I knew that I couldn't, no matter what I tried to do. When we first met I was already crushing hard. Just seeing you walk the halls at school, the way you'd laugh at the smallest things, how you'd always fret over your hair to your friend Tony, to even smaller things such as you always wearing these ridiculous bright red shoes even if they didn't match the rest of your outfit.

I always took notice of you from afar, way too scared to come up and greet you, knowing that formalities aren't accepted in high school. Last time I went up to someone and said, "Hello. My name's Vic, what's your name?" I got punched in the face. I had the bruise on my nose for a week and a half to prove it.

But one day, I saw you walk into class looking a little glum, different from your usual peppy walk and bright gleaming smile. You sat down, your head buried away in your arms. I wanted so badly to just go over and ask what was wrong and to rub your back, comfort you even, but I couldn't. Merely because you didn't even know my first name.

Your friend, Tony, came up to you with an eye roll, telling you something that I couldn't hear, then pushing your shoulder. You looked up at him with a sigh before shaking your head. You quickly stood up, and I was surprised to say the least as you took the seat right in front of me.

"Hi. Vic right?" you asked with a goofy smile, the dimples in your cheek so adorable.

I didn't know how to reply, my anxiety eating away at my very being. I nervously messed with the edges of my notebook before getting the idea of writing my response down.

'Hi?' I showed you then paper, biting my lip nervously. You gave me a look, but it wasn't judgmental, no, your eyes were too soft and kind for that.

"Do you not talk?" You asked me curiously before shaking your head. "Never mind, stupid question. I've heard you talk before in class."

I was a bit shocked that you knew who I was, especially know what my voice sounds like.

"Why are you sitting over here?" I asked, genuinely confused as to why you would ever approach me. Your cheeks flushed a bit, your gaze drifting down to my hands where they rested on my desk. I quickly covered them with the sleeves of my worn out sweater.

"Well, Jaime Preciado, which is me," you paused to smile cheekily, my heart fluttering with warmth. "Is throwing a party this weekend and I'm inviting anyone who looks cu-cool." You stumbled over your words a bit. What a dork. But, I shook my head yeah, and then you asked for my phone number to text you the details. I had wishful thinking it could have been something a bit more flirtatious, but I knew otherwise. I've seen you with a girl before. Even if you guys did break up a few months ago.

The weekend of the party was dull for me. The only good thing was I'd get to see your face. My parents don't ever speak to one another, and my younger brother doesn't want anything to do with someone like me. I guess I was used to being left alone; sometimes I wish I wasn't. I wish for you to come over one day, to wrap me up in your arms and hold me close. But again, it was just wishful thinking.

The party was also dull for me, mainly because I caught you kissing a girl with a drink in your hand. For awhile I thought that if I did have boobs or a female figure that you may like me, but as time went on I learned that you were bi, not really caring if the person was a boy or girl because if they interested you, they just did, no matter their gender.

That gave me some hope; hope that possibly one day I could possibly gain the balls to tell you how strong I feel for you. I couldn't ever do it, though. I couldn't let you hate me or think I was weird even though you told me you'd accept me no matter what.