-Possession-

A bit different than what I usually write, but I've been in the creepy, chilling kind of stuff lately so here we go

(Jaime's POV)

Vic wasn't the same. And by that, I don't mean I don't love him anymore, I mean his whole persona has taken on a chilling edge. He hasn't slept more than two hours per night for the past week, he pukes up everything he eats, his eyes glaze over as he stares at the corners of the rooms in our home, his heart beat slows or speeds up in a very scary and abnormal way. I honestly don't know what's going on with him, and every time I ask, he laughs and shrugs it off.

Take now for example. We're cuddling, with a movie playing(something we do quite often as just relaxing time), but when I glance over his eyes are fixated on the top left corner of our living room. His brown eyes seem hollow and lifeless, sending an unpleasant feeling straight to my gut.

"Babe?" I ask, leaning over so my face blocks his view from the corner. He blinks his eyes rapidly and shakes his head.

"Yeah?" He asks. He slouches in an exhausted manner against the couch.

"Are you sure everything's alright? Do you see something over there?" I ask cautiously, looking over at the corner. There seems to be nothing wrong with it to me.

"No, no, I'm sorry I'm just really tired. I'm going to head to bed." Vic says shortly, giving me a small reassuring smile before pecking my lips.

I frown but nod. "Alright. I'll be up in about an hour I want to finish this."

"Okay, I love you," He says on his way down the hall to our room.

"Love you too." I call out with a small sigh. My nerves are getting the best of me and I know damn well something's wrong. Maybe something mentally is going on? I'm not sure. As the clock ticks by, an idea comes to mind. I'll search it up.

I take a deep breath before standing and heading to Vic and I's room to get our shared laptop, but something stops me.

Quiet talking.

I quietly step up to the closed door and press my ear to it. I can't hear anything besides muffled noise. I chew my bottom lip anxiously, twisting the knob slowly.

"Vic-" I'm at a loss for words when I open the door. There sitting up, staring straight ahead was Vic only he wasn't alone. There was a shadow figure standing at the end of the bed, coldness biting my skin and a pair of glowing red eyes within the shadow stare right at me. I stumble backwards, my back hitting the door and I go to walk out but something slams the door shut behind me. My breathing hitches and I press myself against the farthest wall.

My eyes stay connected with the beady, demonic eyes. I give Vic a quick glance, but even that was enough for whatever this shadow thing was to disappear into his body, the fog entering his mouth and nostrils. His eyes roll all the way back, and his body falls limp on the bed, not moving whatsoever.

I quickly snap out of whatever trance I'm in and rush over to him.

"Vic, baby, wh-" I'm cut off by an ear piercing scream let out by him, his back arching high off the bed. The walls around us shake, causing me to trip back onto the floor. I cover my ears, but still not being able to block out the pained screams and hollers coming from my loved one. His body starts convulsing, and his fingers start twitching, the walls still vibrating. Things start crashing around me so I close my eyes tightly, pressing my hands harder against my ears.

Tears seep through my closed eyes and my heart beats loudly, inaudible compared to the noises erupting from Vic's body.

"Stop!" I whimper out, bringing my knees to my chest. Whatever the fuck was in this room entered him and is hurting him some how. The next second everything stills, an uncomfortable and tormenting silence falls like a blanket over the whole room. I hesitantly peek open an eye.