Chapter 2

We had finally gotten almost all of the boxes emptied at around 6:00 pm which was good because we were all starving. On the ride to my favorite restaurant Lo's Diner they told me about some other things I had missed little details that I would have never learned on the news. "We discussed our crime fighting duo but it would have to be a trio because this summer we have a lot to solve." Noah said looking to the side as he did. "Like what?" "Like why you haven't talked about Charlie the whole time you have been home?" "Oh him" "Yeah him what happened you said everything was cool with him." "Well lets see I was cheated on because he thought I would be okay with it and I thought that it wasn't the right time to tell you." "And why not?" Audrey looked back confused about the whole thing because she knew all about it but she didn't know that Noah had no idea. She also knew about how I would date him in a heart beat if he asked me out. "I'll have to tell you over dinner I guess"

            We pulled into the parking lot and walked in and sat ourselves at the usual table. I ordered a Dr. Pepper to drink and chicken tenders with cheese fries to eat. "Wow you haven't changed a bit have you Savannah" "Nope I still eat the same things" Noah looked over and gave me the spill the beans face. "Okay okay it happened right before Riley died, I was going to tell you and then you called and you sounded so upset I didn't want to ruin that Noah." "You should never hold out on me because sad or not he would have got punched in the face and then the gut." "Noah it's okay he got what was coming to him." "Wait I didn't know this" Audrey's eyes grew wide and she looked at me with great concern. "No I didn't kill him and no he's not dead." "Okay so what happened to him?" "The girl hit him up again after finding out that he was with me. She slapped him and punched him and then she made him hold up a sign that not only made him look bad but her as well." "What did the sign say?" "I slept with another girl while I was with my girlfriend but the girl was with my best friend at the time so I hurt a friend as well." "Wow she put her own mistakes on there. Why would she do that?" "She stood out there with him and held an identical sign. She owned her mistakes and now does counseling at the school about it." "I guess that's good now hurry up and eat we have more surprises."

            I wanted to tell Noah when we sat in Branson's class for the first time that I liked him. Something held me back call it a feeling that it would be a mistake like I  would ruin everything if I did. I told Audrey and she told me that that was crazy I wouldn't ruin anything if I told him but I knew it would be best to hold it in for a little bit longer. Then every time I tried to tell him it never seemed like the right time. Like wanting to tell him about the Charlie thing but it was never the right time. Now a days nothing seems like the right time to tell him anything like how my dad goes out on Saturday nights and goes on dates with other woman but he won't tell me. Or how I lost my mind when I found out how a killer was going after everyone my friends cared for but I couldn't save them. I could help them from anything Noah lost the girl he liked, Audrey lost the girl she loved, Emma lost he ex boyfriend who she still cared for, Kieran lost his dad, Emma found out she had a half sister who came to kill her and her friends. The thing is, is that whole time I was in hiding because my dad was scared of his past. A past he wouldn't tell me about probably the same past that killed my mother. That was what we would spend our summer figuring out my dads past.

            "Savannah you are frightening me right now we have been trying to tell you we were here for like what Audrey 5 minutes. Are you okay?" "I know what we are going to investigate this summer!" "What" "My dads past I wanna know what killed my mom and why it had my dad so  spooked and why we had to leave town because of it." "Okay we will start tomorrow okay but right now we wanna share two different memories with you first mine. Do you know where we are?" "Oh my gosh it's the strawberry farm where I met you Noah!" "Do you remember how it happened?" "Yeah I fell over and you came running to the rescue. You grabbed my hand and looked all over me to make sure I wasn't bleeding then when you had made sure I was okay you said 'Hi i'm Noah. I saw you fall and thought you needed help and I didn't see your parents or anyone notice to be honest so I came over to make sure you were okay.' and I said 'Yeah of course i'm okay my prince came to the rescue. My name is S-S-Savannnahhh.' 'That sounds like a really cool name.' 'T-t-thhhannnk you'" "How old were you guys?" Noah looked up and smirked "We were 3." "What really?" "Yeah" "Well there has to be more" I pointed at Noah to finish the story.  "Well after we finished introducing ourselves we pinkie promise to be best friends forever and to never let anything else happen to each other but I failed that promise a year later..." "Noah you couldn't.." "No I didn't say anything to you that whole night all I did was hold you close.." "And that was what I needed and I have made it through so much with you just holding me close."

            "Next I get to drive Savannah to where we met yay!" I smiled at Audrey as she jumped into the drivers seat and started the car. This was turning out to be the best time ever because I was spending it with the people who cared for me most. Noah kept checking his phone and I was starting to get concerned about what he was doing. What could possibly be keeping him from just enjoying the ride? "Noah what's wrong?" "Nothing why are you asking?" "I was just wondering why you kept checking your phone so much." "Oh it's nothing I just.." "Noah what's wrong just tell me." "I was just looking at a podcast." "Pipers" Audrey cringed at the mention of her name. "Yeah I just can't get over that she was the killer this whole time but now it just all seems like of course it was her she reported on everything she was always the first on there..." "I sorry for bringing it up I didn't go through it so I don't understan.." My phone started ringing it was an unknown caller I hesitated before hitting the answer button. "Hello" "Hello Savannah" "Who is this" "The person who is going to make your investigation so much harder." "How do you know that what do you want?" "Only the same thing you do the truth." Noah and Audrey both turned back with a look of fear in there eyes. "Look I don't know who you are but I don't think you need the same truth I need." "Oh no I don't need that I already have that but the truth I need will only make your truth so much harder to find out." Just like that the phone went dead. "Who was that?" Audrey asked. "I don't know." "What did they say?" "That they are looking for the truth too and that the truth they were looking for would make mine much harder to find." "What?" "Yeah to be honest i'm I little scared." "It was probably just a creep who is trying to get at all of us." "The person know about the investigation." "What?" "Yeah they know a lot they know the truth i'm looking for already." "Savannah we can't do the investigation anymore." "No we have to I have to know what the person knows. They know something and they wanna know more and I have a feeling that this is just the beginning of something horrible."

            We never got to go to the park where I met Audrey instead we called my dad and said I was going to stay at Audrey's. He said it was cool and I knew it would be when I heard the woman in the background. I don't care what happens in the end but I have to know what happened to my dad before I was born. I have to know why I am motherless and I have to know why all of this matters to this other person. Another thing I needed to know who this person was and how they got all of this information. Audrey and Noah seemed worried about what I was starting they said that they wouldn't leave me alone because they know what happened to Emma and the others when they were alone people died and everyone know how it ends up in the end. I felt like maybe I was being selfish but I had to know everything from start to finish and it obviously had something to do with me and my parents and maybe even others. I just hope I can pick up all the pieces in time before things start going really bad.

            Audrey came in her room and gave me some of my pj's I left here just in case something happened and I needed a place to stay. She set up a spot on the bed for me to sleep and grabbed my hand. "You have to tell him you like him I really have a feeling that he will tell you some good news as well." "Really you think so." "Oh yeah you should have seen him blush when I told him your car was pulling up. Or when you were telling the story of how you guys met which was sweet by the way. I wish ours was that sweet." "Really Auds. I think ours was pretty cool." "Yeah okay it was." "Oh I know it was now lets get to sleep before I fall over right here in this chair." "Okay" With that she reached over and turned of the light and pull back the covers and together we got in and fell asleep.