Chapter 20

Jake's Pov

             I was walking to the Savannah's house when I got a text, it was a picture of Savannah sitting by Brooke's pool. I was going to tell Noah and Audrey but they were too far ahead of me and Brooke, I grabbed Brooke's hand and dragged her along with me. We were going straight for Brooke's house, we had to save Savannah even if it was the last thing we did. "Where are we going Jake?" "To save Savannah she is at your pool for some reason and the killer is behind her. Look here this is a photo of her at the pool she is sitting on the edge in a bikini." I showed her the picture and then we ran a little faster. "I wonder if she was waiting on me, like as if she knew I would be there. If if she dies i'll feel guilty Jake I should have been there for her." I grabbed Brooke's hand and squeezed it tight, if she did die I would find the killer and mess him up. "Brooke she's not going to die I know her she would fight, she would never give up." "Jake I know but fighting just makes you weaker sometimes not everyone can be strong all the time. Yeah she puts on a strong face but she told me that she feels like nothing a lot." "What when does she tell you this?" "All the times she is at the pool she's talking to me about her problems because I listen to her, I care and I tell her that it is alright. I've felt nothing before when I was stabbed and put in the freezer." "Brooke why didn't you ever tell me?" "Because I promised her that I would keep it secret and that I would never tell her about anything, but you think that she is so strong and you expect her to live on high expectations but that's not what she wants to live on she wants you to see her."

              I just kept my head looking down for the rest of the wall all the way to Brooke's house. "Look Jake don't feel guilty because she never told you, because she wanted you to see her as this strong person she was the same way with Audrey and Noah." "But the thing is, is that i'm her brother figure i'm suppose to be there for her but if I don't know that she is going through something I can't help her. What if she is doing all of this because she wants to die?" "Jake she doesn't want to die trust me she wants to grow up and have kids but she just doesn't want to talk about her feeling with you." I looked at Brooke and then quickly at the ground, we were almost there I could see her house in the distance. After five more minutes of walking we were there at Brooke's house, I ran straight through the gate and towards the pool. I heard and scream and then felt a sharp pain in my shoulder, I turned around and saw the mask standing there with a bloody knife in his hand. I looked and saw that Brooke had been hit in the head, not hard enough to kill her but to knock her out. I grabbed at my shoulder and it was bleeding but it didn't hurt as bad as it could, I started walking towards Brooke when I felt a sharp pain in my head and then I saw nothing.

***

Noah's Pov

            Something wasn't right with Savannah she acted like she knew something but what? Jake and Brooke were with us though they were right behind us, I looked around the line of trees that we came from but they weren't there. Audrey said that she never saw then walk over with is because if they did Jake would have gotten all in the firefighters faces. So where did they go? We got in my car and started to drive after Savannah right when she left, she turned towards Brooke's house got out and then ran back to her car in tears. Audrey got out and snuck around back took some pictures and then ran and got back in the car her face was as white as a ghost. "There was blood around back Noah blood." "Oh my God do you think the killer has Brooke and Jake with him?" "Probably we have to follow after her we can't let her go alone if the killer got Jake then something bad is going to happen to Brooke and Savannah if that blood is all Jake's. If it's both of theirs then something is definitely going to happen to them all. I pulled out my phone and shot Savannah a real quick text something that would let her know that we were there for her if she needed us. I then put the car in drive and followed her car some more, with all the turns she was taking you would think she was going to the strawberry farm.

            After thirty more minutes of driving there we were at the strawberry farm, it still looked the same even had the same sweet scent. It was still light outside and people were still buying strawberries inside the little shop, I got out of the car and started for the little shop. When I walk in the guy running the counter smiles at me, the same guy has worked there since the day I was born basically. "Hey Noah! How have you been?" "I've been pretty good Bob. How's work been?" "It's been okay I thought I saw Savannah go that way. You know I knew from the start that you two were destined to be together." "Right now we aren't together but thanks for telling me where she went." "Are you with her?" He asked pointing to Audrey and she smiled and then shook her head, he then smiled a little bit bigger. "Go and get her Prince Charming." He said with a smile as he went back to putting the berries in the big box to the small baskets. I walked out of the shop and saw Savannah sitting on the bench just outside, she was crying big tears as she looked at her phone. She looked up and us and started crying even harder I gave her a small smile and sat down beside her, I grabbed for her hand but she pulled back. "Why did you come here Noah?" "I wanted to make sure you were okay you were acting really weird and there's a killer on the loose..." "Yeah Noah I know he has Brooke and Jake and it's all my fault and then you guys follow me and he said no to that so." She looked back at her phone and this time she screamed at what she saw, I looked down and it was one of her kitchen knives beside Oliver. 'Now his death is really on you but don't worry about Brooke and Jake you'll get them killed too.'

           She stood after a few minutes and then walked to her car, she got in and started her car and never put on her seat belt. She sped out of there and straight for where ever she was going, I ran to my car and followed right after her again, Audrey kept calling her and left messages telling her to slow down. Her car eventually stopped and she got out and she slammed her car door and then sat down on the edge of the cliff and cried. I pulled over and slowly got out and slowly closed my car door and began walking over to her with Audrey behind me. I put my arm around her shoulder and pulled her around so that she was facing me, I took my free hand and wiped her tears. "Come on we are going to find Jake and Brooke, we can go in my car and then we'll come back for yours." She slowly stood and then walked to my car and got in and just laid in the backseat and cried. Savannah had lost a lot more than someone should and we had to stop her from losing anyone else.