Chapter 16

At 5:00 the movie theater opened, I helped work the concessions while Audrey did the tickets. It was hard to do the popcorn at first because I was making a big mess when they ordered smalls. I had texted Jake and told him that I would be home around 12:30 - 1:00 because it would take me a minute to get home from the theater. When the crowd started slowing down Audrey walked back over to the counter and together we cleaned up the mess. When we were done with the mess she taught me how to start the movie, after that we walked back in and started making more popcorn. After a little bit people started waiting more to eat and drink, I gave them refills and then tried my best to keep the place clean.

            When the movie was close to done we started walking back toward the concessions to help people leave. I went and cleaned the room where the movie had just been played, 20 minutes later more people came in for the next showing. We repeated everything like before, while the movie was playing there was a knock on the back door. I walked toward the door and opened it a tiny bit, I saw Oliver's blue eyes looking into my green ones. "Hey Savannah can I come in?" "Sure why didn't you use the front entrance?" I asked as I opened the door the rest of the way, "I wanted to surprise you, but you came and opened the door." "Oh sorry next time i'll have Audrey..." I couldn't finish my sentence because he closed all the space between us and began kissing my lips, after I processed what was going on I kissed back. After I few minutes he let go of his hold and smiled at me, "So how is your side today?" "It's a little better than it was yesterday." "Well that's good to hear I brought you some food, I hope you're hungry." "Oh trust me i'm always hungry, what did you bring?" "I brought you chicken tenders, fries, and dr. Pepper." "Where is it?" "In my car i'll go get it okay i'll be right back." "No why did you say that, i'm so going with you now." "Why do you want to go to my car so bad?" "You should never say i'll be right back when people are dying, that is a sure way to die." "Why do you believe that kind of stuff?" "Haven't you watched the movies or heard what my friends went through last summer?" "Yeah those are just movies not really and yeah I heard about your friends but I heard that Piper died so I think i'll be okay. I'm not trying to be mean but sometimes you have to be brave you can't let fear run your life." "But everyone is scared of something even if they put on a brave face you can't always be fearless." "I'm not afraid of anything I have nothing to be afraid of because I live the life I choose to live and I want to leave one with no fear." He walks out of the door and begins to go to his car when I step to the room where Audrey is in. "Something is up with Oliver he is acting really weird and I have no clue why." "What do you mean weird?" "He told me that he fears nothing and then he won't let me go to his car." She looked over with her rest face and then it changed to a face of realization. "Savannah lock the door!" "What why?" "I think Oliver is planning something." "Okay." I really hated to lock him out but he was acting really suspicious and Audrey did go through this before. I ran to the door and swung the wood board down and then did all the locks. Audrey was locking all the front doors, so I ran to all the emergency exits and made sure that the alarm was on. I then ran back into the lobby and sat with Audrey behind the counter. There was a knock on the back door and then pounding on the front, I leaned over to the side of the counter so I could see the door. Oliver was pounding on the door the food at his feet and the Brandon James mask behind him a knife placed right at his stomach. I went to get up and Audrey let go of her grip on my thigh, when I stood the knife was placed into his gut. I let out a loud scream as blood can flooding out of the cut on his stomach, I ran to the door to open it but the door was locked. I snatched up the keys and unlocked it, I opened the door and ran to Oliver but I was too late.

            Audrey and I ran back inside to grab a phone and call the cops to report the incident, the officer asked a question and Audrey began walking towards the door. "He's gone he isn't here anymore." "Ma'am is this a prank." "No he died we saw his body, there is still blood here but his body is gone." "Okay" He hung up the phone and Audrey ran out but he was obviously dead we saw him sit there with the blank stare. I dropped to my knees in his blood and began to sob, I felt hands touch my shoulders. I was still there when the theater closed, I was there when Audrey was done cleaning up, and I was there when she tried to get me to leave with her. I kept shaking my head, how many people would die at my hands? How many deaths would this person rub in my face? I stood with wobble legs and began walking down the road, I ignored all the many calls of Audrey's voice behind me. All I could see was Oliver and his death stare, then I see charlie's eyes, and then my dad's all deaths that I am responsible for when I don't play the game right.

           I kept walking down the road until I saw what is known as the nerd shack, I walked up one step and let my body fall. I began to sob all over again, I let myself lay down and curl up and I grabbed my legs. I eventually fell asleep right there on the spot, it wasn't comfy but for some reason I felt safe. After what felt like forever I felt hands wrap around my figure and lift me up and carry me inside. I let them lay me down on the couch and cover me up with a blanket, I feared that moving would result in more tears so I didn't open my eyes. I felt a hand rub my knee as I laid into the back of the couch, I didn't have to open my eyes to know that it was Noah. I guess Audrey called him and told him what happened or Jake called him worried when I didn't come home. It was probably both though to be honest they both care about me and then adding Noah to the list he was there when I felt like no one else was. He would always help me get through my hard and stressful times by helping me loosen up by either talking, playing video games, or watching my favorite movie. Audrey was always there to help me get through all of the bullying in my life she would throw herself in front of an insult for me. Jake, Jake would always make me feel special and like I was the prettiest girl that he had even seen no matter which girl he was with I was still his number 1. I needed all of them in my life, not to forget about Brooke the girl who throughout school did all of my makeup and helped me pick out the right outfit. I didn't really know Kieran, I never really met him and to be honest I don't think I can know. Emma she was there for Audrey when I needed Noah the most and I wasn't there for her time of need. I grew up with all of these people by my side and they would never leave me, so I have to leave them. I felt like I owed them a long happy life and with me in it that would never happen. People die when i'm around and even when i'm not they still die because they were associated with me. I hate to leave them behind because they would say we would never leave you, but deep down they knew that they would do the same.

          I opened my eyes and heard a soft snore come from Noah who was lying opposite of me. I stood up and covered him with the blanket, I walked to the counter and got a piece of paper and a pen. Just because I was leaving them didn't mean I wouldn't tell them about it, if I did that then I wouldn't be a good friend at all. I wasn't really leaving down I was just going to find someone else in town to stay with, I would watch them too. I put it all in the letter, I looked up and then back down and saw that the letter was covered in tears. I wiped my eyes signed the card, took one last glance at Noah and smiled as tears began to fall again. I started walking and before I knew it my feet were moving to a place that I would have never thought I would go again.