Chapter 21

Noah's Pov

           I looked back when we got to traffic lights and Savannah was curled up in a ball asleep, I grabbed a blanket she stashed in my car and draped it over her. The light turned green and I drove on towards the horizon, towards home. The killer was playing games with her and I couldn't stand it, it hurt me to see her cry to see her hurt. I love her and I know she loves, I hate what I did to her how I turned her over to Oliver and he got killed. Audrey had given me a lecture after I broke up with Savannah about how I love her and I was making a mistake for the both of us. When we got to the nerd shack I lifted Savannah up and out of the car, I laid her on the couch and covered her back up. Audrey smiled at me and then stood behind the counter, we were going to map together where the killer had Jake and Brooke.

           After what felt like forever we finally gave up, my phone buzzed and I quickly glance at a still sleeping Savannah. It was a video of Brooke and Jake sitting in chairs side by side with blood at the corners of their hair and Jake had a cut on his shoulder. I looked at the poster behind Brooke's head and it was a poster that Mr. Branson had up in his classroom. I shook Savannah awake and grabbed her hand leading her out and towards the car. Audrey followed straight behind getting in the passenger seat and buckling up. We drove straight to the school, when we got there we got out and ran straight to Branson's room. When we got to Branson's room we saw a string tied to the door so it was booby trapped. Audrey shot me a look and then started staring at the knives behind Jake and Brooke's head. "Noah cup your hands together." "What Savannah no that's dangerous." "Fine i'll go get a chair but it'll be a lot harder." "First of all how are you going to squeeze between that tiny space up there and you can't go between the two strings so what are you going to do." She pointed to a knot at the wall where the string was tied to a wall. "I'm going to untie that string slowly bring it down and climb over the other one." "What if that doesn't work?" "Noah just trust me please, I know what I'm doing just let me do it." I looked at the determination in her face, her eyes a mixture of scared and determined, her lips in a firm grip, and her chin pointed slightly upward. "I trust you Savannah but there has to be another way to do this, let me do it." She nodded her head slightly and then her face loosened, but then she shut her face off and shook her head hard. "No I have to do it Noah, I put them through this now I have to get them out." "Savannah trust me to get you through this please. I can untie the knot and lower it and then you run in and untie them." Her eye flicked over at Jake and Brooke and then back at mine, she moved a little out of the way. "Okay you untie the knot and then i'll get them out."

             I reached up to grab for the knot and felt something rough touch my skin, I pulled back and saw a tiny cut on my arm. I turned my head a little more and saw the razor blade taped to the wall beside the knot, I moved my hand up a little more and started to untie the knot. When I finally got the knot out I slowly lower the string and watched the knife lower down to the ground. Once the knife clanked to the ground Savannah was in the room untying Jake and then Brooke. Jake grabbed Savannah and Brooke into a hug and then looked over at Audrey and I and his hand gestured us over to join the hug. Savannah looked at me and smiled, the smile I longed to see I loved to see her happy. Jake let her go and she walked slowly towards me the smile growing even wider when she got to me. "Thanks for helping me get Jake and Brooke back, I don't think I would've made it without you. I'm sorry you had to see me speed over earlier that was so child..." I cut her off with my lips, after a few seconds she kissed back wrapping her arms around my neck and gripping at my hair. I pulled her a little closer as I moved my lips from hers putting my forehead on her, "I love you Savannah, I truly do and I will never let you down again I promise." She kissed me once more and then dragged me out of the room and we walked to the car with the rest of them. "So we are taking you two to the hospital right now." Savannah said looking at me and Audrey and then back and Brooke and Jake. When we made it to the hospital they insisted that they go in and we could pick them up later.

           We got to the nerd shack and sat on the couch in silence for a few minutes and then Savannah spoke up. "It's not over yet we have to find out who is doing all of this so that it is over." "Yeah but right now we need to take a break Savannah they don't want us to figure them out yet." "Yeah Savannah I agree with Noah we have to wait just a little bit longer. Audrey looked at her phone and then frowned, "Sorry guys my dad wants me home for dinner, please just be safe Savannah." Audrey stood up and walked out of the shack, leaving me and Savannah alone in the tiny building. "Wanna watch a movie Savannah?" "Yeah of course." "What do you want to watch?" A huge smile spread across her face and she grabbed for a stack of movies and handed them to me, without even looking I knew what they were. "Star Wars!!!!" She screamed with a big smile as she shoved the movie in my hand and grabbed snacks from behind the counter. "Fine but we don't have light sabers to enjoy the fight scenes." She grinned and I knew trouble was stirring inside of her, she moved a box aside and pulled out the two light sabers. "I'm prepared for this marathon duh if I wanted to watch it you should've known that I would have the sabers pppsh." I started laughing and she then looked at me with a sense of hurt on her face and I stopped. "I'm sorry Savannah don't be mad." She started laughing and I smiled, she walked over with the snacks and sabers and sat them all on the table.

          Four movies later she fell asleep against my chest, I smiled as she started doing her little half snore thing it was always cute. The only thing we broke this time doing the fights is a little glass vase that my mom made to put in to make the place look a little nicer. Savannah felt a little bad for breaking it but then started laughing because she hit in the face with a pillow. I felt her hand squeeze mine and then she curled into me and started to smile slightly. I put my lips on her forehead and left them like that for a few minutes "I love you Savannah Roberts." I whisper to her smooth skin. I laid my legs the rest of the way on the couch and held her a little tighter and fell asleep right beside her.