Maharajan Festival

I sat at the balcony feeling the warm Sindrian sun as I ate my breakfast. My two servants behind  me if ever I needed something. Well, they clearly wasn't helpful yesterday.

Today, I planned on visiting Sindria's library. I was told it held a lot more books than our main library in Kou so I was very interested.

A knock came from the door and one of my servants went to get it. I heard Kougyoku's voice so I told her to let her in.

Kougyoku was fidgeting and I knew why she was here.

"Umm...I-mm"

I stopped eating my breakfast and shifted on my seat to look at her. I gave her a stern look and then gave her a smile.

Her expression lit up and she immediately knelt and hugged me

"I'm sorry! I really am. I really thought something had happened but then it was just Ka Koubun and the others I-"

I stroke her hair calmly and hushed her.

"It's fine it wasn't your fault. Servants aren't supposed to let their masters get exposed to that kind of danger." I said a little loudly so that my own servants would hear. But they just giggled.

"Come, eat breakfast with me." I gestured towards the empty seat beside me.

"I assumed you'd have gone home after the incident was cleared but I guess you had other matters to attend to here in Sindria?"

"Oh no, I don't have anything official to do here anymore. I just, well I, I just wanted to be with Sinbad-sama for a little while more."

I almost choked on the bread I was eating. The way she blushes when she talks about him clearly says it all.

"Please don't tell me you like him."

"Oh no, I don't." I gave a sigh of relief.

"I love King Sinbad."

"You have got to be kidding me?!"

Kougyoku stared at me a bit confused. I regained my composure and settled down.

"He's way too old for you and a pervert at that. I will not allow it."

She gave a defeated sigh. "Well, I know it's impossible for me to make him look at me more than a child. Specially if my rival is someone like you."

I shot her a glance stunned by her sudden implication.

"You don't have to hide it! It's all over the palace! Actually, I came here to ask for the details." She was all blushing when she was talking.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I continued stuffing my mouth with bread hoping she'll let it go.

"The people in the palace said that King Sinbad visited you in your room yesterday and you were doing...well...you know...adult stuff."