Used and Useful

"It's dark. Where am I?" Koutsuki thought as she felt herself as light as a feather.

She was surrounded with cold darkness but she could feel something touching her something small but there were a lot of them. Suddenly, an orb of red light appeared in front of her.

"Have you decided? Fufufu~" A female voice from the orb called out.

"Who are you?" Koutsuki retorted. But the orb merely gave a laugh at her concerned expression.

"I am you. Only wiser and a lot more powerful." The voice described. "But who I am is not material. It is your decision that is what I need." The voice told.

"My decision? On what matter?" Koutsuki asked concerned.

"Whether you will accept your true nature which is I or will you continue to be weak as you are. Fufufu~" The orb came closer to Koutsuki and the girl held it delicately as it floated on her hands.

"I want to protect others as they have done for me. But..." Koutsuki felt her heartskip a huge beat and felt something warm in her chest.

Suddenly, she could hear warm laughter and a faint beating of the drums from the distant. Then she remembered, she was in Sindria. The country of dreams and happiness. Across her a circle of light had appeared the voices and the music grew louder and louder and she was drawn to it like a moth to a lamp.

"Where are you going?!" The voice yelled at her as she stood looking into the light.

"Somewhere warm..." She muttered mindlessly looking at the smiles of the people dancing and celebrating in Sindria.

"That's why you are weak." The voice said with a tone as chilling as death itself.

Koutsuki looked back at the orb but it was gone. Instead a figure of a woman with long hair tied into two braids, holding a staff had replaced its place in the shadows which she noticed was surrounded by rukh. Black rukh.

Before she could fully grasp what she had seen she felt the warm light suck her in and she was suddenly floating overlooking Sindria, and then the palace, and then herself. She looked at her limp body laying on the bed as she moved to touch it the two of herself suddenly fused.

She could feel the silk sheets of the bed as she rustled her stiff body groaning for more movement. She opened her eyes and looked at the dimly lighted room. She sat herself up and held her hand in front of her.

"I'm...back?" She mumbled. She heard faint but nonetheless loud booming of the drums from her room's balcony.

Intrigued, she pulled herself up from the bed taking care as a sudden dizziness hit her for a few seconds as she stood but proceeded to walk towards the balcony to see what was happening.

As she looked down at the gardens she could see two figures in the shadows. She squinted her eyes and realized it was the King of Sindria and Kougyoku. They were holding hands, closer than what was considered appropriate for two acquaintances. Her heart felt a sudden pain.

Then words and thoughts she had read about Sinbad surged into her mind.

Lady Killer...Man of Several Lovers...The Womanizer of the Seven Seas...