The Black Sun

I stared at the parchment of paper and quill on top of the desk. Hakuryuu and the others departed for a dungeon capturing mission early this morning. I was pondering on what to write as a report to En-nii.

I let out a sigh and turned my gaze unto the night sky. The moon was as bright as the stars. I stood up from the chair and walked to the balcony.

"Should I write to my brother about this?" I mumbled to myself thinking of what I've been doing with Sinbad for the past days.

I shook my head violently. "No, no, no. Of course not. He already said that Sinbad wouldn't ally himself with Kou."

"Then what would he say when he finds out?!" I said horror found its way to the tone of my voice. "I'll be disowned, no banished, m-maybe beheaded?!" I said holding my neck.

"Your highness." I jumped at the sudden intervention. It was my servant holding out a piece of paper.

"A message from his highness, Prince Kouen." She said. I snatched the paper and sent her away. I couldn't help but feel scared by the piece of paper in my hand. Maybe I didn't need to write him a letter, maybe he already knew. I could feel cold sweat running on my forehead.

I took a deep breath and open the paper staring at the handwriting I knew so well.

'No matter what happens, stay in Sindria until I come for you.'

I flipped the piece of paper and looked at the back but nothing was written there. I reread the words once more but only got more confused.

"What does this mean?" I moved to the lamp on the desk and burned the paper. I felt it was dangerous to keep it.

"Did something happen in Kou?" I mumbled as I picked up the quill and started writing a letter to my home country.

A few more days have passed and my letter to Kou remained unanswered. Aladdin and the others were still doing their mission.

I was walking in the garden taking in the early morning sun. As I passed by a fountain I sat and gave a long tired sigh.

"Oh! Tsuki-nee, good morning!" Said a cheerful voice from behind me. Kougyoku was sitting on the grass making something with a bunch of flowers.

"Hmmm? What are you doing? Your dress will get dirty." I said concerned.

"It's fine, it's fine. Alibaba taught me how to do this..." she said raising up the ring of flowers. "It's called a flower crown. I've gotten really good at making them too!" Kougyoku said confidently.

We were enjoying our conversation when suddenly we heard a loud crash. The Sindrian soldiers started running around.

It was faint but it seems like Sindria had a magoi shield put up over its land and on the very top a gaping hole was made by someone Kougyoku and I know very well. Kou empire's high priest.

He flew down from the hole he forcibly made and floated beside us. By this time Sinbad and his generals had arrived as well.

"Yo! Kougyoku and Koutsuki! Long time no see!" He said smirking.