The Summit of Truth

Breakfast in Sindria was always sunny and warm. It was specially warm today because it has been a while since Sin and I had a meal together.

Every morning Sin and his generals held meetings regarding Sindria's affairs. Though Sin told me to wait for him I couldn't help touch some of the fruits among the other extravagant food spread before me.

"Koutsuki! Sorry about making you wait for me." Sin said as he arrived.

I immediately swallowed whatever I was chewing.

"E-ugh, no worries. Haha." I said faking a smile.

"Well, I guess you started without me." He pointed at half of a banana I forgot to hide.

Sin just chuckled at how red I was from the embarassment. He seated himself in front of me.

"By the way, I've got good news and bad news. Which one would you like to hear first?" He said smiling deviously at me.

I got a bit nervous about the bad news since there was a war brewing but it was always helpful to hear something bad and rub something good on it rather than the reverse.

"I'll hear the bad news first then."

Sin's expression was that of disappointment.

"Eh? Wouldn't someone wanna hear the good news first? I think you're becoming really pessimistic, Koutsuki." He teased.

"Geez, whatever! You asked and I answered so stop stalling and tell me already!" I whined.

He gave a small chuckle and whispered, "cute~".

I shrank in my seat. Tomato redness tainting my cheeks.

"Okay, okay. The bad news is that after much deliberation my generals and I have finally approved your request to accompany me during the Summit." He said in a dejected tone.

Deep in me I was really happy and confused as to why Sin thought this was such a bad news. "So what's the good news then?"

"Oh, right. During the duration of the Summit you are to stay beside me at all times." He said in a very cheerful tone.

"I think you got the bad and good news reversed." I murmured.

"Also, I won't stop you if you want to go with your brother after the Summit. I mean, you being my queen was just a one sided request on my part so I wouldn't mind if you leave me and return with your brother."

"Okay." I said and Sin suddenly got a depressed expression. "Is what you thought I'd say."

I slammed my hands on the table as I raised from my seat. "YOU IDIOT OF A PERVERTED KING! YOU THINK SOMEONE ELSE WOULD WANT ME AS THEIR WIFE NOW?! AFTER YOU...Y-you...ugh..."

Sin gave out a loud laughter at my sudden outburst and how red my cheeks were. "You're right. Haha, I almost forgot about that."

I blushed even more. "You're the worst..." I mumbled.

"Just kidding. How could I forget such an amazing night." Sin said as he drank a cup of wine.

"What amazing night~?" Pisti suddenly asked.

"Oh you know. The morning you guys walked in-"

I didn't know what else to do but I had to stop Sin from talking so I threw a loaf of bread at his face. I hope Koumei-nii would forgive my lack of table manners.

●●●

The Summit was done in a small uninhabited island. No weapons or metal vessels were allowed. No magis were present as well. Sindrian forces were the first to arrive.