Truth Be Told

Sinbad and I have been sleeping in the same room the past few days since Mira, Darius, and Armakkan arrived. Sinbad said that if I refused sleeping in the same room he would send me back to Kou, that bastard.

Since the three metal vessel users were the rulers of their countries, they could not afford to leave it for a long time which resulted in their departure after three days of stay.

Sinbad had constantly been sleeping very late in the night and waking before I even did. I do somehow wish that he would kill himself from overwork but even my will wavers at the sight of him working so hard to protect Sindria, which reminded me of my older brothers.

The night was growing darker and Sinbad is still in his office. I felt really bad sleeping on his bed comfortably when he's out there burning his eyebrows.

"It can't be helped." I tucked myself in bed as I have been doing the past few days and as I finally reached the most comfortable position I heard a loud thud by the door.

"Sinbad?" I jerked up and saw Sinbad's large figure slumped on the floor half of his body he managed to get inside the room and half was still outside.

I stood up and approached him. "Are you dead?"

Sinbad groaned and grunted. No matter how much I hated him it was still a concubine's duty to care for her king. He also reminded me of Koumei-nii-san, the way he could sleep even on a cold marble floor.

I put one of his arms around my neck and tried lifting him up, which was really hard because he was heavy. Nonetheless, I managed to get him on his bed. I looked at his sleeping face and noticed dark bags under his eyes. I also noticed how uncomfortable he looked with all his metal vessels so I took the liberty of removing them for him.

As I finished, Sinbad's eyes slowly batted open. "Nngh...?"

"Geez, conveniently waking up when I've placed you on your bed." I said walking to the other side of the bed to sleep.

"Clothes..." He mumbled.

"Clothes?! You want to sleep naked? Can't you do it yourself?" I said feeling idiotic talking to a half-asleep old man.

Sinbad told me that he had his best rests when he slept unclothed. At first, I thought he was just a pervert but I once woke up to his sound snoring and found out he had taken his clothes off as I slept. He was a grand pervert.

"Clothes..." he mumbled again trying to untie his shawl.

"You..." I clenched my fists and kneeled beside him on the bed. I proceeded to untie his bulky clothing and left only a thin layer for him to remove by himself. "There. Do the rest by yourself."

As I turned around I felt an arm around me. I got pulled closer and landed on Sinbad's chest.

"H-hey! Let go." I squirmed.

Another hand hugged me and Sinbad turned to his side to face me. "Just stay like this for a while."

"You jerk! You were awake?!" I yelled.

"Shhh...everyone's asleep."

I looked up to his face and saw him looking back at me. "You pervert. Here I thought for a second you fainted from overwork."

I heard him chuckle. "Who do you think you married? Overwork won't kill me."

"Look, I've noticed this for a while now but I just want to make it clear. I did not marry you. I am not your wife. I am your concubine." I stated glaring at him.

Sinbad held me closer and tighter and chuckled. "You're so cute when you're trying to be authoritative."

"I'm serious you stupid king."