Rooms and Words

The King of Sindria invited us for dinner. As a sign of respect we couldn't refuse.

Sin sat at one end of the table. To his right, his generals and to his left, his guests.

I sat beside Hakuryuu who was seated immediately to Sin's left. Next to me was Kougyoku, Alibaba, Aladdin, and Morgiana.

Sin was apologizing to Alibaba, Aladdin, and Morgiana because he couldn't entertain them fully because his attention was elsewhere. For a moment I saw him look at my direction.

"You've been way too gracious by letting us stay here!" Alibaba exclaimed.

"Dash reyt~ dhis fud er all derishmmmmm~" Aladdin mumbled chomping everything he could reach. Somehow he had gotten inhumanly round than possible.

Kougyoku and I giggled towards him.

"Is that so? I'm glad you all like it. But still to compensate, how about I send you to a dungeon capturing mission?" Urged the king.

"What?! Really?! You think we could take it by ourselves?!" Alibaba exclaimed.

"Well, you're already a dungeon capturer yourself, Aladdin is a magi, and Morgiana is a fanalis. If anything, you are overqualified." Sin said laughing.

"Excuse me, King Sinbad

"Excuse me, King Sinbad. I would like to partake in this mission." Hakuryuu said cutting into the conversation.

"Oh? I don't know. Circumstances doesn't really allow me to just let you go. I should receive authority from a high ranked official from Kou. Perhaps Koutsuki could decide."

I was shocked by him calling me out without formalities. I heard Pisti and Sharrkan giggling.

"I'm sorry, Ki- umm... Sin. But I do not think I have the right to decide for a man's actions."

More of the generals started giggling, noting how we dropped with the formalities. I felt myself blush. I saw Sin smiling triumphantly.

"Hmmm? Why is that?" Sin asked smirking.

"In Kou, women are treated inferior than men. Prince Hakuryuu has come of age, he is a man now. That is why I do not feel like it would be right for me to give decisions on his behalf." I said as I gestured towards Hakuryuu giving me a weak smile.

"I see. But this is Sindria. We hold nothing against a woman. Besides, you two are cousins by blood and siblings by law it feels just right to hear out your opinions about Hakuryuu's request."

I gave Sin an icy glare telling him to just drop it but he just gave me an idiotic smile. I let out a defeated sigh.

"Well, as I recall. No two dungeons exist with the same content. I agree that Alibaba, Aladdin, and Morgiana possess abilities far greater than prince Hakuryuu, at the moment."

Hakuryuu looked down at his plate clearly disappointed.

"But, having an extra capable warrior wouldn't hurt their chances of success. Besides, I think Kou would be pleased if we returned with another dungeon capturer." I said looking at Hakuryuu's uplifted expression. I looked at Sin to see if he agreed but for a moment there was sadness in his eyes, as if I had said something that had warranted it.