Treacherous Fidelity

The troops that had arrived were far lesser than what it had been during the fight. All of the allied members have apparently gone back to their countries. The ones that were left were Sindrian forces.

I stood by the hall peering at the crowd of Sindrian people formed to welcome their king.

"Nervous?" Sharkkan's voice whispered from behind me.

"N-no." I replied straightening myself.

"Excited, maybe~?" Pisti teased.

"Ohoho~" Sharkkan added.

"W-what are you guys talking about?" I said blushing.

"I'm home." Sin stood in front of me and suddenly all my worries disappeared.

"Koutsuki, did you see how we struck down that monster?" Sin asked excitedly.

I had planned to ask about my siblings but seeing how excited he was with his question and imagining how tired he must be after such a powerful attack, I left my personal queries for a later time. "I did. You weren't hurt, were you?"

"Nope. I promised I'd come home to you in one piece, didn't I?" Sin said.

Before I could respond, Ja'far came behind Sin whispering something in his ear. Sin looked towards me then nodded towards Ja'far.

"Koutsuki, pardon me. There are urgent matters I must attend to." Sinbad said.

Not wanting to be a burden I replied with a smile, "Please, don't let me keep you any longer."

Sinbad gave me a look of relief. "I wish you would, though." He mumbled as he kissed me on the forehead before leaving with Ja'far.

●●●

Days have passed since the bloody fight and Sin and I haven't had a decent conversation. He has been busy with meetings after meetings that he hasn't join me in his chambers and I haven't had the chance to ask my personal questions.

As I was walking towards the library I saw a muscular man with long red hair, fanalis hair. The man was wearing clothing from the Reim empire and seemed to be lost.

"Pardon me, sir. May I help you?" I asked the man.

The man's face lightened up as though my presence was a miracle.

"Oh miss! You're a life saver. I am kinda lost." He confessed while scratching the back of his head. "I was supposed to meet with Sinbad but I got distracted by the architecture of this palace that I lost my guide."

A Reim citizen meeting with the king of Sindria is not something you would find normal.

"Oh, I see. If you would like, I could escort you to his office?" I offered.

"Really? That would be a lot of help. Thank you!" He replied.

The first minutes of our walk were done in silence. The man merely indulged himself with the palace's 'wonders' as he called it.

"If you keep getting distracted by the carpets on the wall you might lose another guide." I teased as the man suddenly stopped in front another carpet hanged to decorate the palace walls.

"Oh, sorry!" He said running to catch up to me as I turned at a corner. "It's just I don't see these kinds of designs in Reim. The patterns are weird."

I giggled. "It's okay. I was the same when I first arrived here."

"Oh, you're not originally from here?" The man asked confused.

"Yes. Let's just say I'm here for refuge." I mumbled.

"I see." Silence took over our conversation once again until the man broke it. "I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Muu Alexius. Captain of Reim empire's fanalis corps. I fought in the same battle with Sinbad."