Partners (Highschool au) Shy!reader

Reader's Pov
Why was I here again? Between the loud clamorous voices and the raging hormones coming from those around me, school was not very appealing today.

But then again, when was it ever?

I stared at the clock, which was 3 minutes faster than the usual time, above the board and waited for the bell to ring and free me from my seemingly eternal boredom.

The teacher looked around the classroom with an annoyed look. "Quiet, or all of you will have to give me an eight page report on the next three chapters in your history books!"

The noise immediately ceased. I internally rolled my eyes. I had already finished the whole book and did a report on those chapters for extra credit; though it wasn't needed.

The bell finally rang and the class was quickly cleared out.

I rushed to the last class of the day and made it in before the tardy bell rang.

A majority of the class stumbled in seconds after the bell had rung.

I heard a gasp from a girl behind me and turned to glance at the cause. There's was a new guy sitting in the back of the classroom next to the windows. His name was Felix I think. I realized why the girl had gasped: he was sitting in Peter's seat.

I immediately lost interest. People could be so over dramatic sometimes.

Peter walked into class five minutes after the bell. "Peter, you're late." The teacher said to him. He rolled his eyes before responding." Obviously." He looked towards the back to where his usual seat was and a look of recognition crossed his face. He quickly covered it up with a sly smirk. The room fell silent.

Instead of making Felix move, like everyone expected him to do, he sat in the only unoccupied seat. Which just so happened to be next to me. I felt his eyes on me so I did my best to ignore him.

The teacher jumped into the day's lesson, explaining things in a monotonous voice that would never actually intrigue someone enough to listen.

I took notes that I knew I wouldn't need to distract myself from the boy next to me. When the teacher turned to write something on the board. He leaned forward until his lips were mere inches away from my ear. "Why so scared? I don't bite." He said in a low, teasing voice.

A blush dusted across my cheeks and strengthened my resolve not to face him.

The teacher turned towards the class again after he had pulled away. "You all have an assignment that is due at the end of next month. All of the details will be emailed to your parent/guardians. The person sitting at your table will be your partner."

My stomach dropped and my heart beat sped up. This could not be happening.

At that moment, the bell rang, dismissing school for the day. As soon as I stepped out of the classroom, I felt someone lightly grab my forearm.

I turned and saw Peter smirking at me. He leaned towards my ear again." Can't wait to work with you, partner." He murmured lowly before going on his way.

I stood in the middle of the hallway for a moment before what had just happened finally settled into my mind. I blushed again before rushing home. Life was just great.