Lost

Third Person POV

What does one have to change inside to survive the arduous challenges of life? Peter had begun to ponder this at a young age.

Everything had been stripped away from him. His freedom, his self-worth, a proper childhood. His deplorable experiences that he went through during such an essentially developmental stage in his life were exceedingly detrimental.

His mother, the only person who had ever truly loved him, had abandoned him. She left him with that monster without a second glance and he would never forgive her for that.

He felt so much anger, so much pain and sorrow and he was merely a child. A child that was forced to endure the horrors of the world with no one by his side. A child who was betrayed by the ones who were supposed to love and protect him. Such awful circumstances caused him to wonder if perhaps maybe he was the problem.

His mother left him with that man (he refused to refer to him as his father) and allowed him to be abused. That same man sold him for ale and now he was being forced to work tirelessly every single day. At the factory, the children were beaten if they did not complete the number of materials that they were ordered to. It seemed that some things never changed.

Peter had no idea who he was at the time. He was a confused, fearful eight year-old. When he was younger, he'd had some sort of foundation to build his character upon, but his woes had shattered it. He was now only a shadow of who he once was, and he could only imagine who it was that he could have been.

What word could he use to describe it as? He felt so much and yet he was numb. He wasn't sure if there was a word to explain how paradoxical his feelings were.

Perhaps one could describe it as lost. Yes, that seemed to fit the description of the state of his life.

He had been stumbling around in a blanket of darkness, trying to find a trace of light. Searching for some saving grace in the dreary abyss that was his life. After awhile, even the strongest of people grow weary of surviving.

A/N: Hello everyone! I apologize for the long wait, I've just been working on so much! If you want a part two to this then let me know and I'll write it.

The Q&A is still open so you can ask me questions about anything and I'll answer them!

I'm just curious: How old do you guys think I am?

I love you all and thank you for reading!❤️❤️❤️