Transition

Third Person POV

The two had an interesting dynamic. They differed greatly, but at times it seemed that they were exactly the same.

If one had asked (Y/N) why she had found herself enamored with Peter, she honestly would not have been able to give them an answer.

He was a monster, a savage beast. Evil, despicable, and malicious. All good reasons for one not to be attracted to him, but something about him just enticed her.

Perhaps it was the fact that to her, he wasn't this great legend that others made him out to be. He wasn't this flawless myth that people aspired to be. He was deeply scarred and hurt. He knew who he was and he didn't deny it. He was able to live in his own truth.

Now, his truth may have been discomforting to most, but that wasn't what mattered.

They weren't conventional lovers. The two didn't spend every waking moment with each other, but their love still progressed. It progressed at a gradual pace, but it still progressed.

It was a bit unorthodox at the start. They went from being bitter adversaries to precious lovers. Quite the transition.

After awhile, (Y/N) came to truly love the fact that she had been brought to Neverland. She would have loved to arrive there under much more amiable circumstances, but she was grateful nonetheless.

How could she not be grateful? She'd found the unexpected, argumentative love of her life (or was it an existence now?), and she wouldn't trade that experience for the world.