Forgetting

Third Person POV

'Don't say goodbye because goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting.' He had told Rumple this on many occasions. How ironic given the recent turn of events. He had willingly left his son and cut all ties with him. How hypocritical of him.

Peter was even more detestable than his own father. His father had made it clear on multiple occasions that he loathed him, so there was no sense of betrayal when he sold his own son.

But Malcolm -no, Peter- had truly loved Rumple, which made his abandonment excruciatingly painful.

He couldn't even say that he left him because he loved him. No, he abandoned his very own son for his own selfish reasons, and he hated himself for it.

Peter wasn't doing a very commendable job of leaving his past behind. He had to accept that it was over, that his past life was forever lost. Just like him.

Such thoughts were bittersweet to him. Yes, he was leaving behind the spiteful, distrustful people. But on the other hand, he was leaving behind the only person who truly cared about him and his wellbeing.

Maybe this was all for the best. He hadn't had much of a say in the outcome of his life before. Maybe he would be able to control every aspect of it now.

New beginnings were just over the horizon. New memories that he would make here in Neverland would replace the old, dreadful ones. He could shed the layers of his grievous past and start anew. An opportunity that he never thought he would have the pleasure of having.

Rumple could live his life without his father's shadow dragging him down. He could have a satisfying life. His father wouldn't have to worry, for he had been left with the two kindly spinsters. Everything had worked out for the better.

As for Peter, he was going to make his own destiny, and he planned to do so very soon.

A/N: Hello again! I deeply apologize once again for the extended leave, but circumstances got in the way. I'm back now, so expect more chapters coming soon!

February 7th will be the two year anniversary of this book! Can you guys believe it? I'm so excited and I thank you all for coming along on this journey with me.💚💚💚

Also, if you enjoyed this chapter then you can find its successors in my book titled 'Echoes Of The Past.'

Until next time! I love you all!❤️🧡💛💚💙💜