Heartless (Ruthless!Reader)

Requested by: BubblePops19275
Third Person POV

Their victory was inevitable. Every sensible being was well-aware. Anyone who believed otherwise was simply deluding themselves. (Y/N) was convinced that their opposition never truly believed that they could defeat her and Pan. But they had hoped.

Hope. What good had it done them? Did the power of wishful thinking triumph over her and Pan's meticulously thought out plan to subjugate Storybrooke? Did it vanquish the evil and make them the heroes that they believed themselves to be?

Not hardly.

Time progressed inexorably towards their triumph, and when it finally arrived it was more fulfilling than she ever could've imagined.

To have such power at her fingertips. Such complete and total control over the masses. Heady thoughts such as these made her feel elated.

They say that power corrupts. As true as that may be, this was rooted much more deeply than power.
(Y/N)'s heart had been hardened long before she communed with the power. She'd turned from the light long before the plans to conquer Storybrooke were laid. It occurred somewhere between rejection and acceptance. Adversity and liberation.

To know that she was the author of her own life now was overwhelmingly satisfying. Who better than Pan to rule beside her? Someone scarred just as deeply by society, and sharing the exact same vision that she had.

Pan was the only one who understood. He was the only one who'd ever understood. That's what drew them together, and that was what would cause their empire to flourish. They would usher in a new age. Gone were the saccharine delusions of before.

They would rule together. Their reign? Eternal. Those that dared to stand against them would swiftly and mercilessly be struck down. Things were exactly as they were meant to be from the very beginning.

It was the end of the old way and the beginning of a new, everlasting story.

A/N: Hi everyone! Thank you so much for reading this far! As far as I know, this is the last chapter of the Peter Pan Imagines. It's sad for me to end it, but I've loved every second of writing this book! I loved interacting with you guys in the comments and seeing what you had to say. Thank you so much for reading this book. I wish everyone good luck and safety!