Chapter 2 :The makanes

After I attended the morning schedule of the university, I finally had some time left to go downtown and buy supplies such as : phone number , toilet paper etc... The first thing I did is to enter youngjae's phone number, then I decided to check on him since he wasn't that great yesterday. '' Hello it's Rita from the airport, this is my number. How are you feeling today?'' it was all I could think of since we weren't that close yet. It was around 2 pm and I was very hungry, food shops were everywhere, as soon as i sat my eyes on one my phone started ringing, it was youngjae !! ''hello hello'' he said with a funny cute english accent, he was very energetic it seems like my medicines helped him a lot, we started talking for a while when he asked me '' did you eat lunch yet ? '' '' I was about to , why ? you know a good place '' '' yeah man ! '' he replied. He asked me to join him to a great korean restaurant near the place they worked in, yeah why not since I had plenty of time. I took the bus he recommended then after couple of minutes I arrived to the place. It wasn't as far as I though. I stood next to the entrance then send him a text message. ''Rita !!'' i heard from the inside, he came running then bowed to me (i was about to hug him when i remembered the culture difference) I bowed politely then followed him to his table, two of his friends were sitting and he introduced me to them '' this is bambam and yugyeom '' as soon as my eyes came across the tall guy i laughed a little from something I remembered '' what is it ? '' yugyeom asked with a sweet smile '' you are what they call the evil makane of Got7 '' then suddenly everyone start laughing '' yes he is!'' repeated bambam as he tried to contain himself .Actually I stayed up last night late watching every video about Got7, They seemed like an actual charismatic group, I understood why Ghalia was so fond of them, each one of them had his own character and they seemed closer to each other more then any other group. We were talking for hours, It was strangely confutable, it s like being with normal people. Yugyeom wasn't as shy as I expected and Bambam wasn't intimidating as the fanfic/videos showed, they were so friendly and passionate about what they were doing. '' how old are you Rita ?'' Bambam asked me while he was trying to finish his plate '' I am 21 years old '' ''waaa really ! so your older then us '' Bambam seemed a little disappointed and i really didn't know why . '' so we should call you Rita noona !'' smiled yugyeom '' I really appreciate it but can't we stick with Rita only?''I asked with a shy smile '' you got it man !!'' yelled youngjae with his cute english and mouth full of rameyon. 

After taking our time, yugyeom's phone rang, and he seemed bothered by who he was calling him, It was one of the hyungs and they were frustrated because the makanes were late. So we quickly stood up and they politely accompanied me to the bus station. After exchanging phone numbers the bus arrived, we bowed to each other and we took our ways apart. As soon as I walked to my messy room I got a message from bambam he sent me a picture of him and youngjae  and wrote ''please be safe , until we meet again ''. I sat on my bed thinking, these guys are really friendly and nice, is it because they have to since they are kpop idols ? or is it part of the korean culture ? or maybe because they knew I m  a foreigner and they wanted me to feel confutable in their country ? either ways it was very nice having friends here.

nok nok nok , the sound wake me up from a deep nap i took after cleaning my room, I looked at my watch, it was nearly 7 pm , I stood up on my feet still trying to control my body and went to open the door, it was a cute korean girl, with long soft hair, big round eyes , tall and slim body looking right back at an average moroccan girl, with short messy curly hair, big eyes hidden behind big glasses and tanned skin body. '' hello my name is lee soo jin and I am you re roommate'' her english was very good, I welcomed her inside and showed her the room we re staying together in. I helped her unpacking her staff as we started talking about each others background. ''Which degree are you pursuing here ?'' she asked politely'' I am studying phd graphic design '' lee soo jin seemed surprised as she found out the I  only had 21 years old, we had the same age but she looked a little more mature, maybe because of the makeup or maybe because my glasses make me look dorky. After unpacking her things she suggested taking a walk around the block so she can show me every important place like supermarkets or restaurants. The night was a little cold even if it was july, we started walking and she guided me though every block, it was like she knew that place by heart. Suddenly she stops in front of a residence building and kept looking at the windows up then said '' can you keep a secret ? '' well that was sudden I barely knew the girl ''sure '' she looked at me then pointed to the windows in the last floor '' you know who lives there ? its one of korean's famous kpop group '' I was surprised I didn't know kpop groups would live together '' how can you be sure ! I mean if it was right we would have seen fans standing here too right ?'' '' You are right, they kept it a secret but one day I followed them till here, and stayed all the night to make sure it's theirs and not anyone else...'' she turned looked at me and continued '' that's why I chose this university '' As we decided to go back, I kept thinking how this girl based her life on this guy group and they may even not notice her, it was a sad and strange feeling I felt for her. As we head back to the dorms we cooked the noodles we bough and spend the night talking about anything. I was very glad I started having bunch of friends, My korean experience wasn't as bad as I expected.

Before we went back to our dorm, as my eyes were half closed I asked her one last question before she could surrender to sleep '' you didn't tell me that kpop group's name '' I said with a tired voice. She moaned turned her back to me and said '' they re called Got7''. As she slept like a bear in winter my eyes were opened wide surprised by her respond ! what the hell is this ? why do I keep finding them everywhere . That night I didn't sleep at all !