Chapter 3

-Jimin Focus-

Jimin sighed, hands folded on his bruised stomach as he pressed his weight against a set of dingey, beige lockers.

"Jesus, Jiminie. You've got to learn to stand up for yourself. He shouldn't be able to just step all over you like that."

"I did try to stick up for myself! This is the result." Jimin choked, biting back tears that's been burning behind his retinas since Namjoon landed the first blow.

"I've tried." He sniffed, voice shaking behind his faux indifference.

"Don't be such a baby." Taehyung shook his head, ruffling Jimins brown fringe fondly.

"Hey! I'm older than you. Treat me with some respect would you?" Jimin ground out, trying to keep what little dignity he had left in him. He adjusted his shoulders and picked up his bag that's fallen during the fight- gently pulling it over his shoulders.
The taller male sighed, draping an arm around the short boy's waist.

"I know. I'm sorry." He said genuinely.

"Why do you even hang out with them." Jimin croaked, wiggling away from his wolf-in-sheeps-clothing companion. He head Tae go stiff, sneakers squeaking against the tile.

"They're not all that bad once you get to know them...They're actually pretty alright. They mean well."

"Oh- yeah. I'm sure they really 'mean well' when they embarrass me during class and make a show of me in front of half the school. This- this right here," Jimin pointed lazily to his nose, still dripping with the occasional scarlet. "Oozing with good hearted love."

"C'mon, Jimin. I'm serious. If you were friends with them you'd understand." Tae reasoned, hands splayed out in front of him. Jimin scoffed, pushing away from the lockers and staggering down the way to make his next class on time.
"You want me to help you home after school?"

"Why? So you can drop out on me up and go talk shit with your bestest friends? No thanks." Jimin sneered, tripping over his shoes and stumbling against one of the class doors. The teacher shot him a disapproving look through the small window and he winced out what he hoped was apologetic enough to get him out of trouble. The sharp pain in his ribs added more fuel to the fire as he steered away and continued his grueling journey to Psych with Mr. Young.

"Don't be like that, you can join in with us any time!"

"Fuck off, Tae. You know they live to give me hell. You- you know! And you haven't done shit to stop them- not really. Fitting in a swimming the proper channel is more important to you that risking being treated just like me. I'm surprised you even helped me out today." Jimin choked, not meeting his friend's wide eyes. "Look, spare me with the bullshit and don't bother 'helping me' again. I know they give you crap for this."

"Chim, ple-"

"Stop fucking calling me that. Just- get to class. I'm sure Hoseok's wondering where you are right about now." Jimin waddled his way to class, leaving Taehyung to simmer with his thoughts. Jimin knew he was right. Those guys were nothing but bullies and would probably never amount to be anything else but that.
Just two more years and he'd be free of them. He'd be in college- far, far away from here.
He'd be happy, have better friends and be on his way to a better life. He just needed to stick it out a little while longer.

Another two hours longer for today would suffice.

I'm procrastinating like a fuckin
pro right now. I have three units of homework to make up 😂😂

 I have three units of homework to make up 😂😂

Cute lil tired beansprout