Chapter 9

-Jimin Focus-

"That fuckin bastard!" Hoseok frowned (a quite unusual sight to behold, the brunet boy thought), hand on Jimin's knee beginning to dig into his skin.
It had been a long, silent drive on the way to Mr. Kim's house- Namjoon sitting in the passenger's seat trying to calm his boyfriend down, and then Hoseok, Jimin and Tae sitting cramped in the back of the elder's small silver Kia.
But now here they were; Jin in the kitchen cooking them all something to eat while Tae, Hoseok, Namjoon and Jimin all sat shoved onto the small cream colored couch in their teacher's living room.

Two things Jimin never thought would ever happen in his entire life.

"I should fail that son of a bitch." His teacher stated firmly, taking out a steaming mug of hot chocolate from the microwave and settled it in front of Jimin with a supportive smile.

Jimin had a special place in his heart, just like most of his straight A students did. But now he felt the need to be more protective over the kid; they weren't just teacher and student. Jin would make sure Jimin stayed safe in and out of school if it killed him. His motherly instincts insisted he never let him out of his sight.

"I always knew he was terrible but I didn't think he'd do something like this!" Jin cried, smoothing back the hairs on Jimin's head looking close to tears.
Jimin didn't deserve this sort of treatment.

"Sh, babe calm down. You're scaring him." Namjoon soothed, rubbing his back as he disinfected Jimin's cuts, sitting on the coffee table (despite his boyfriends mewling for him to get a chair)

Jimin sat with new tears streaming down his face, body still shaking. All those people had seen. A long, dry finger brushed over a row of three parallel white lines on his wrist. Taehyung snuggled his face into Jimin's neck, mumbling apologies like unsteady spin of a broken record.

"This is my fault. I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you, Chiminie." Taehyung sniffled, sad eyes peering down at Namjoon's steady handy work. Jimin flinched when the alcohol solution grazed over a particularly deep cut and shook his head.

"It's nobody's fault." The brunet said soullessly.

Namjoon offered them the tissue box from Jin's room, which Taehyung gladly took and weakly cradled it in his right arm.

"Like fuck it's nobody's fault. Out of anyone in this room it's my fault." Namjoon fumed, getting angry again after glancing at the red leaking from the younger boy's soft skin. "I was part of this too, y'know. I'm pretty sure I broke your nose once Jimin, for fucks sake!"

"It's my fault too! I could've stopped Yoongi but I just watched and let him do it. Jimin I'm so sorry." Hoseok pleaded, patting gently at the small boy's thigh.

"Stop it. I'm the teacher. I take full responsibility for all of this." Jin nodded to himself, dabbing his wet eyes with the sleeve of his shirt. "I should've noticed sooner. I could've gotten Yoongi expelled before he could take it any farther."
Everyone sat in misery, staring in shame at their own hands and wishing there was more they could've done. Anything to prevent this poor, angelic boy from hurting.

Finally, Jimin shook his head while quiet, airy laughter puffed from his chapped lips.

"Thanks you guys. But you don't need to blame yourselves. If none of this happened then I wouldn't be here with all of you... I- I just didn't think anybody really cared." He whispered, serenity held in his watery golden brown eyes. The dark circles underneath them could've said otherwise, but Jimin was happy. Happier than he could ever honestly remember.