Chapter 17

-Yoongi Focus-

The entire class Yoongi sat outside; arms crossed as he waited and eyes sweeping across Jimin every other second. The kid had certainly come into his looks over the last year or so- not that Yoongi truly believed he was bad looking to begin with (and not that he'd ever have admitted that to anyone, including himself, before).
He was still the little rain soaked pup that showed up to class with his hair near dripping wet from a morning shower, but it was different. He looked... mature? Not as soft around the edges.

He still bared his cute little almond eyes, plump lips, and soft cheeks. But he didn't have any of the baby cushion around him. Still soft, but just a year older. Yoongi could hardly cope with the change- seeming so vague yet so dramatic at the same time.

Jimin no longer held the quivering, hunched posture while sitting in his seat anymore. He didn't wince whenever someone called his name. Didn't even falter when someone made eye contact with him.
Park Jimin had truly evolved. And Yoongi still ached at the thought of who he used to be- not really having the same kind of revolutionary change as Jimin had.

As soon as Jimin left school, after that day, Yoongi slipped away.

Slowly. Surely. Most indefinitely. Yoongi fell apart with red lines burning more than just his memory. Old habits truly did die hard.

The black haired boy looked back over Jimin to see him fidgeting in his seat.
Thank hadn't been able to think about anything other than the junior for the past year. He'd never realized how routine the kid had become in his life until he was gone. Following the kid around to his classes. Meeting him at their shared period with Mr. Kim. Cornering him outside the gates just to get a longer look at the person he didn't even realize he'd started obsessing over. Every class it was 'I wonder how late that dumbass will show up today?' then later, 'I wonder if Jimin got his homework taken in the halls again?' to, 'I wonder if Jimin remembered to dress warmer today?' and on slight occasions, 'I wonder if I should just talk to him normally today?'

Jimin really did bring out the worst and the best out in Yoongi.

Amidst his daydreaming, a baby blue faux nail'd hand gripped his tie and dragged him down the hall- only giving Yoongi enough time to meet Jimin's eyes just as he looked back out the window before he furiously looked away; Yoongi being lured down the hall.

-Jimin Focus-

Foot tapping and silver hair clutched between his small, little fingers as he sent a glare to the red digital clock embedded in the tacky beige wall.

"Jesus, Jimin. Chill out, I get it's the end of the day, but you gotta calm down." Mark made a face before scribbling something in his book.

"I don't think I've ever seen you this edged. Excited to see Yoongi?" Jinyoung laughed, cradling his pencil between his long ass fingers.

"Fuck off. I'm just happy to finally head home. Tae said Kook is sick." Jimin said, checking his phone while sparing a short look out the class window.
It seemed like Yoongi had moved on and left- probably got caught by security or finally got tired of waiting.

The bell sounded just as Jimin finished answering his second to last question in the text. Mr. Jung closed their study period and told them to do tonight's reading in prep for next week's test. The silver headed boy slowly bundled his things together and shoved what he could in his bag. Mark and Jinyoung poked his sides and tried to flat-tire his shoes before getting out into the hallway.
They began their walk towards the back exit of the school to meet Jin and Namjoon at the teacher's parking lot; Jimin sending a quick text to Taehyung alerting him that they were on their way.