Chapter 7

-Jimin Focus-

By the next week, the small brunet had circulated through his cold and walked into school- close enough to- on time.
Hey, it's hard to find motivation when you'd seriously rather be anywhere else. It couldn't be helped.
He'd sneeze every now and then, but for the most part he'd healed. His head was still a little fuzzy filling in how exactly he'd gotten home Friday after school, but he figured it was just his fever messing with his memory.

Yoongi's after school harassments came to a stop- completely cold turkey- since he'd come back to school.
Often times turning first and sixth period he'd catch the older staring him down from his seat behind him. He didn't talk, didn't harass him like normal.
What scared Jimin most was that he wasn't sure what he'd done wrong- or.. right? He wasn't sure. What he was sure of was that he didn't like the constant feeling of the pale junior's calico eyes burning holes right through his head.

Taehyung, however had been sitting down to eat lunch with him on the occasion. Hoseok, Joon and Yoongi not seeming to care too much about his absence.
It's all too curious. Jimin groaned to himself.

Despite the null of attention being given on the one portion of his day- a few guys in his other periods had taken it upon themselves to fill in the empty space.
During PE he'd get mocked and embarrassed in the changing rooms- sometimes finding his clothes gone missing and turning up in flushed into on of the toilets and flooding the bathroom tile with murky puddles.

In his language studies, a few of the dance team girls would steal his papers and copy off the work or just toss it into the waste without another thought.
Between classes, when the teachers were tucked in their rooms or just not looking he'd be handled a punch to the ribs or pushed down across the hall floors, bag being kicked around the corridor like some sort of twisted sport.

After walking for about fifteen minutes he finally rounded the corner to his block. He heaved in a sigh- wincing at ineluctable pain in his side- for the nth time that day and looked up at the sky for answers.
His thoughts went adrift- moving from his current life to dream of a better one; one where he sat on the grass after school with friends to talk about colleges they'd be looking at and applying to senior year. Maybe he'd even be dating someone if things were different- if he lived someone else's life.

It was a useless thought he decided with a tousle or his fringe. 

"Out! Get out!" A loud slam of the door broke Jimin's train of clouded concentration.
A short business women with gray-streaked hair and a tired face creased with stress lines was viciously pushing a- startlingly familiar- white haired figure stumbling out onto the street with a half hazardously packed duffel bag.

"You're a disgrace to our household. You're lucky that I'm not calling up your father and telling him right now to take you out of the trust fund for the business." The women spat, looking around flustered while tucking in the ends of her coat closer to her chest. When her eyes landed on Jimin she cleared her throat, whispering something to the tall male standing in front of her before closing the door on him.

The person's shoulders slouched and they crouched down onto the haunches of their heels with hands carding nervously through their hair. Upon Jimin's awkward shuffling, he scraped his shoes against the pavement and accidentally caught the guy's attention.

"Namjoon." Jimin voiced sounded unbelievably hoarse, even to him. The tall junior looked up at the shook boy, with wide eyes that revealed his own discomfort.

"Park." The swirly haired boy coughed, standing up and quickly swiping at his shiny, bloodshot eyes. "What the fuck do you think you're doing here?"