Part 12

*Ryan’s PoV*

I was sitting on Heather’s bed as we watched a movie on her laptop. I picked out her favorite, Toy Story. I shared my father’s dislike of most Disney movies, but Heather shared Liam’s love for them, so I relented with a few; Lion King, Lady and the Tramp, Tangled, and most of the Pixar movies.

She cuddled in, and there was a knock on the door. “Who is it?” I asked, and the voice said, “Brianna…” I looked at Heather, who nodded, and I went over to answer the door. Brianna walked over to the bed, “I heard you were sick, so I got you this.” Brianna pulled out a home-made card, and Heather smiled, “I love it. Thank you.” Brianna frowned “I miss you Heather.” “I miss you too…” Heather said, as I sat on the end of the bed. Brianna turned to me, “Why do you get to come in, and no one else can?” I smiled, “Because I’m your sister’s best friend.” Brianna crossed her arms, “That’s not fair.” Heather and I laughed. “I’m sorry, but that’s the way it is.” Heather said, and Brianna sighed, “Mom and Dad want to know if you’re ok…” Heather’s smile disappeared, “I’m better, but I still don’t want to talk right now…” I sighed, and turned to Brianna, “Come on, Bri; Maybe you can go over to Melanie’s.” Brianna’s eyes lit up, and she ran to ask to go.

I closed the door, and turned back to Heather, who was on the brink of tears, “Mom and Dad… They may be Mom and Dad to her, but to me, it’s Mom and Liam…” I put the laptop on the floor, and curled up into a ball, ready to cry again. I crawled over the bed, and pulled her into my lap, “Oh Heather. You know Liam loves you as much as he would if you were his. You were the reason he married your mom. You’re his Baby Girl. You know all this.” She nodded, “I know…” “Then, why are you crying?” I asked, and she looked up at me, “I love it when you cuddle with me, and tell me things I know, just to make me happy again. I guess what I trying to say is… I love you, Ryan…”

I sat stunned as the last 3 words passed through her lips. Heather loved me?

I must have been sitting shocked for a long time, because Heather started to tear up, “Please say something…” “I…” I started, “I love you too, Heather.” She smiled, “You do?” “Yeah, I do…” I said, realizing it for the first time, “I never really noticed it, but I really do.” I smiled, “I love your big heart, and you desired to let me be your secret keeper. That you trust me. I love your cute nose, and beautiful eyes, and your lips that look so…” I trailed off, and Heather tilted her head, “So what?” “Kissable…” I said, and she smiled, pressing her lips on mine.