Chapter 2- Shooting Star

A/N: Eh.... 

Well... how was the first chapter?

I don't even know.............................

E N J O Y !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crap. I’m late. I thought to myself. I jumped off my bed and ran to the bathroom. Brushing my hair, I sped down the stairs to grab some breakfast. The only thing that seemed to be in the fridge was a cup of yogurt, so I grabbed it. It’s 8:18. I looked out the window and noticed Alex’s car was still here. Where’s Alex? I jogged back up the stairs, cautiously stepped into his room, and found him buried in his pillows.

            “Angelica…” my brother moaned. “What do you think you’re doing? It’s Saturday.”

            “What,” I said in disbelief. “Ugh, I did it again.” I plopped myself onto my brother’s bed. The sound of his relaxed breathing and the dim lighting made me feel a thousand times wearier. I placed my head on the pillow next to his and sighed.

            “You’ve been sighing a lot lately.” My brother mumbled. “You just need to relax more. Take Aiden for a walk or something.” I continued to lay motionlessly on Alex’s bed. He put his hand on my head, “go.” I leaped off his bed and trotted down the stairs. Aiden, my border collie, sat on the couch as if he was expecting me. The house remained quiet. Ever since my brother turned sixteen, our parents decided to go on a bunch of business trips together. The house is all ours 80% of the time now, but my brother and I don’t ever do anything. No parties or anything like that. All we do is sleep, sleep, and sleep. Oh, and one more thing. Sleep.

            Aiden leaped off the couch and pounced on me. I buckled the harness around his fit body and jogged out of the house. It was around ten now and sunlight was blasting itself on the world, but it was still pretty cold. Aiden marched gallantly, as if he was proud to be able to convince me to give him a walk. I walked around aimlessly for the next thirty minutes when Aiden began barking. I looked the way Aiden was barking and realized we were in front of Riccardo’s house. He was sitting on the swing on his patio. His breathing was slow and his eyes were closed. I’m assuming that he fell asleep while swinging. I tip-toed up the steps to his house and sat right next to him. Aiden just decided to sit at my feet while I did my creeper things.

            The light shined through the leaves of the trees and onto his face. Riccardo’s eyelashes we’re really long, like a whole bunch of other guys in this world. His red hair waved with the gentle wind. I sighed and looked to the road. I remember when Riccardo and I used to see who would throw rocks farther. Of course, he always won. I was never the throwing type. I giggled to myself at the memory.

            Riccardo jolted next to me. I looked at him and his eyes opened. “Angelica…” Riccardo suddenly stood and tried to get into his house, but I grabbed his hand before he could.

            “Why are you avoiding me?” My voice cracked, feeling hurt.

            “It’s complicated,” he looked away from me. An awkward feeling filed the air.

            “Riccardo,” my voice shook. “Look at me.” His blue eyes met my eyes with a deep sadness. I could already feel my face burning up and the tears welling in my eyes. “Can you at least tell me why?” I asked weakly. He shook his head. I dropped his hand as a tear fell down my cheek. I grabbed Aiden’s leash and ran back home as fast as I could. Tears streamed down my face as I panted.

            I reached home in about five minutes. I ran up the stairs to my room and slammed the door after me. My brother called after me, but I was too busy sobbing into my pillow. Alex eventually stormed into my room asking what was wrong. I could tell he was surprised to see me crying my eyes out. Actually, I was pretty surprised I was crying this hard. I’ve never cried this hard… like… ever.

            Alex hugged me tightly as I cried into his shoulder. After about ten minutes, Alex told me to take a nap. He laid down next to me to make sure that I fall asleep. He even cancelled his date with Natalie to make sure I felt better. I don’t know how long it took me, but sleep finally caught me.

~~~

            I woke up to the smell of microwaved ramen noodles. My brother was no longer next to me. I pushed off the covers and the cold air greeted me harshly. The sky was dark outside and as far as I remember, I slept while there was still day light. I walked out onto the balcony and looked at the stars. A shooting star then shot through the sky. I just need a decent guy to prom this year, I thought in my head and smiled. I hope wished really do come true or I might just not be able to live with myself.