Chapter 5- Mother?

I woke up to the smell of bacon in the house. Mom and dad must be home by now. They got home early, they said they would be gone for a week. I sat up in my bed and felt like a zombie. I let out a moan that sounded like a dying cow. The world was freezing cold and my head hurt. I have to get to school. I slowly stuck my foot out of the blanket. I dragged myself to my dresser and pulled off my shirt that said: Because I am BADASS. I only wore it at home though. I don’t even remember where I got it, but I love it.

            “Hey, what do you think you’re doing?” Gawain yelled at me, stepping into my room while I was changing.

            “You bloody pervert,” I yelled at Gawain, using my shirt as a cover.

            “Hey, you saw my beautiful part already, so why should it matter if I see you in your bra?” Gawain yelled back in defense.

            “Your what?” I asked, confused as to what he meant by the words ‘beautiful part.’

            “My,” Gawain paused and looked at the plate of warm food which he was holding. “My penis, you slow-poke. Jeez.”

            “Excuse me? I saw your−” I paused and remembered the incident yesterday. The whole falling-on-me-naked thing. “Oh.” I said in the puniest voice possible.

            “Yeah,” Gawain nodded at me. “So you better put your ‘BADASS’ shirt back on and get your bad ass back in your bed.” I stomped back to my bed in defeat and tucked myself under the covers. Gawain handed me the plate of food, “Your brother stayed home too, but your fever was higher than his. He could’ve went to school today, but I don’t think he trusts me to stay with you alone for 8 hours. You guys are both idiots. I can’t believe you didn’t change clothes after running outside in the freezing rain.” Gawain shook his head at me while I shoved the warm bacon strip into my mouth. For some reason, the bacon tasted fifty bazillion times better than how my mother cooks it and my mother cooks amazingly. I stuffed a spoon full of oatmeal in my mouth to see if it was of the same quality. All I have to say was that there literally was a party in my tummy. I shoved more food in my mouth. “Hey,” Gawain grabbed the spoon from me. “Don’t eat like that. That’s not lady-like. You look like you haven’t eaten in years.” Gawain scooped up a small amount on the spoon. “Say ah.” Gawain cooed. I gave him a look, but opened my mouth anyway. After opening my mouth, Gawain’s hand didn’t move any closer.

            “What the hell. Why aren’t you feeding me?” I growled at Gawain. He laughed at me, but I didn’t laugh back. I was hungry and I didn’t have the spoon in my possession.

            “You’re so cute.” Gawain laughed like a creep. “You didn’t say ‘ah’ yet.” I gave him my what-the-hell-did-you-just-say look. Normally I would have shoved the food in his face, but I was starving. I didn’t even eat last night. It was so hectic that I actually forgot to eat. That’s not even normal for me. I eat like I can never get enough. For me to forget about eating was a miracle. I rolled my eyes in defeat and said the ‘ah’ that he wanted. He still didn’t feed me.

            “What the hell!” I screamed. Gawain laughed and laughed. I smacked the side of his head and grabbed the spoon from him, splattering the food onto my bed and onto me. “No,” I cried, “I just washed this stupid blanket! Gawain, it’s all your fault! You have to wash it!”

            “Okay, okay.” Gawain kept laughing. “I understand, my kitty cat, I understand.” I stood there infuriated at the fact that Gawain just ruined my bed sheets. As Gawain turned to leave, I took off my shirt to change. In a split second, I felt Gawain’s slide around my bare waist. He pulled my body to his.

            “Gawain,” I breathed. My face pressed against his neck. He smelled like cherry blossoms. Also known as my shampoo. The warmth of his body mingled and danced with my own. His soft white hair gently grazed my cheek. My heart was pounding in my chest, as if it was waiting to get out of the cage I called a rib case. I tried to push him away, but it was a weak try. My body wanted it, but my brain didn’t want to believe it.

            “Can we stay like this a little bit longer?” Gawain said, his voice was muffled by my hair. I sighed and stopped fighting. My arms dropped to my side and I let my head rest on his shoulder.

            “Gawain?” I called him and he answered me with a deep ‘mhm.’ “Why did you come to my house, of all the houses out there?” I asked in a wimpy voice, scared of what the answer might be.

            “You called me, did you not?” Gawain answered. His question puzzled me, but I ignored it.