Chapter 6- Green eyes?

It didn’t seem possible. How did I call him? Was he kidding? I turned on my bed to look at the time. 1:43 am. I turned back, my bed making a ruffling sound. I’m sure he was kidding. Or is he a stalker? I tossed and turned on my bed, trying to figure out what he meant by ‘you called me.’

            “Can you stop that?” Gawain growled from where he was sleeping. I turned to face him, but pretended not to hear him. I tossed and turned a few more times. “Did you not hear me?” Gawain stood from his bed and stripped the blanket off of my bed. His glowing green eyes pierced me. His eyes weren’t green before. I would’ve hit him, but I thought of something else. I grabbed his arm and pulled him closer. He slipped and fell on top of me. “Angelica…” Gawain whispered, our foreheads touching. I was about to scream for Alex, since that was my brilliant plan, but Gawain’s eyes changed back to the color blue.

            “Your eyes just changed color.” I gasped. Gawain had a shocked expression and jumped off of me. He turned, picked up the blanket, and tucked me in. He laid back down on his bed and went back to sleep. I tried tossing and turning a little bit, but he didn’t respond. I kneeled on the floor next to him and turned the light on. “What the hell? Why’s your hair black?” Gawain looked at me again with green eyes.

            “I’m sorry, kitten, but I’m going to have to ask for you not to look at me right now.” He cupped my chin, pulled me close, and planted a kiss on my forehead. I don’t know what he did, but it knocked me out. What was he hiding? I understood that when he had green eyes his hair was black and when he had blue eyes his hair was white. Was there something more? I was about to hit my head on the floor, but I felt Gawain catch me. He lifted me onto my bed and turned off the lights. Then the world turned black.

~oOo~

            I woke up to a Friday morning. The last day of prom ticket sales. Crap. I leaped over Gawain and tip-toed to my phone. Who was going to prom? Michelle and Robert. I dialed Michelle’s number. “Pick up. Pick up. Pick up.” I whimpered.

            “Hello?” Michelle answered on the other line.

            “Michelle, can you reserve me two tickets to prom? Please?” I begged.

            “Sure, but I have to go now, class is about to start. Bye.” Michelle ended the call and I sighed in relief. I could always count on Michelle.

            “Good morning, love.” Gawain wrapped his arms around my waist. His eyes were blue again.

            “It’s not morning anymore, Gawain.” I checked the time on my phone. It was about lunch time, so 12:49 pm. My stomach grumbled and Gawain laughed. “Gawain, will you cook for me?” He smiled and headed downstairs. I walked into the bathroom and stared at my reflection in the mirror. It’s time for a complete makeover. I rushed out of the bathroom, grabbed my best pair of undergarments, and grabbed a black dress with roses on it. I took off my clothes and stepped into the warm waters of the shower. I used my cherry blossom shampoo and shaved my entire body. What a terribly long process. When I finally got out of the shower, I dried my hair, put a little make up on, and slid on the cute dress. By the time I finished, it was already 2:18 pm. Total time used: One hour and a half.

            I ran down stairs to the kitchen where Gawain was, but I grabbed one of Alex’s jeans, a white tee, and a black vest before going down. He was sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of some kind of tea. He didn’t appear to me as the coffee type, but no worries, I wasn’t one either. “You finally came,” He growled and looked up, “down.” His voice softened when he saw my appearance. “Is there some kind of special occasion today?” Gawain questioned.

            “Not really,” I answered, “but you need to shower.” I tossed him the clothes. “And this time, use the shampoo that I put in the shower. The ones that says ‘men’s.’ Your underwear’s already there.” Gawain got up from the chair and headed upstairs. “We’re also going to the hair salon so that we can get your hair dyed black and get it cut.”

            “No!” Gawain looked at me. “Not the hair. Please? I don’t like it black.”

            “Too bad. Go shower.” I commanded while he looked at me pleadingly. “Besides, I think you look cuter with black hair.” I looked away from him and began to blush, but I noticed he was blushing too.

            “Fine…” Gawain pouted and stomped his way back upstairs.

“Oh, and I’ll enjoy the meal.” I eyed a fancy dish of pasta. My jaw dropped at the sight of it. It was chicken Milano. It was a fettuccini dish with chicken. I grabbed chopsticks. And yes, I do mean chopsticks because I’m weird like that. I took a bite of the pasta. It was amazing. I took the plate of noodles and gulped all of it down quickly. Soon enough, Gawain stomped down the stairs and appeared in front of me. His hair was black and his eyes were a dazzling green. His shirt was black and the vest turned white. His jeans were a darker shade than the ones I gave him earlier. I opened my mouth to question.

“Don’t ask.” Gawain said.

“Well then. Now that you’re all dressed up, I need to ask you a favor.” I stood from my chair and walked to him. I saw him gulp and I smiled at the sight of this.

“Sure, anything.” Gawain answered.

“Will you go to prom with me?” I laughed at the fact I was asking him to prom when it should be the other way around.

“I thought you’d never ask.” He pulled me closer and pecked me on the lips. I think this was the right choice.