Chapter 15- No Air

I dove into the deep end of the swimming pool at our school. I felt the pressure in my lungs. I’ve never been able to hold my breath long. I pushed myself up to the open air. My black swim suit was old, thus it was tight. It made my breasts look a lot bigger. I guess that what Riccardo meant about me making myself vulnerable.

            I dunked myself back into the water. I used to swim, but that was a very long time ago. Before I took up the violin. My feet settled at the bottom of the pool. I looked up from where I stood. One person is nothing compared to the world. That moment made me realize how small we really are. How foolish of us to think of ourselves so highly.

            I realized I was running out of air, so I pushed myself to the surface. I gasped for air, I’ve always wondered how it would feel like to life without oxygen. I guess it wasn’t meant for me. I pulled myself out of the pool. And headed over to where my backpack was located.  A blue sticky note clung to my towel as I lifted it off the towel.

            The sticky note read: Meet me in the locker room at 5:34. –Morgana K. Morgana K? That chick with the gages? Morgana is this fake gothic girl in most of my classes. She wouldn’t seem like the smart type, but she’s actually really intelligent.  I shrugged and tucked the note in the front pocket of my backpack. I rushed into the bathroom, washed off, and put on fresh new clothes. I stuffed my towel in my backpack. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and headed toward the exit.

            A pink sticky note found its spot on the handle of the door. I’m serious, Angelica, I know you’re the type to ignore the first note. So meet me. –Morgana K. I grunted and made my way to the girl’s locker room. I found myself in the midway to my car and the locker room. Which way? My body cried and called for the car, but my brain knew where I had to go. I jogged to the door of the locker room. The cold door greeted my fingers kindly in the hot weather.

            The room was humid. I didn’t see any one, so I checked my phone, but I was ten minutes late… I walked around to the showers and found Morgana biting her nails. “Oh, didn’t notice you come in, Angelica.” She smiled, clapping her hands to her thighs. “I just had to ask,” She giggled, “how’s it like with Riccardo, lately?”

            “Excuse me?” I asked, wondering if she heard the news about my older boyfriend.

            “I asked if you’re dating Riccardo.” Morgana’s once drunk attitude changed into a darker one.

            “Um, did you go to Prom, because if you did, you wouldn’t be asking that question?” I laughed a fake laugh to lighten the mood, but it only made it worst. She snapped her fingers and laughed demonically. Two girls came from behind me and looped their arms around mine, preventing me from any possible escape routes. Crap.

            “Well then, does that mean you are?” Morgana laughed. “Tilt her head up.” The tall girl to my right yanked my hair, holding my head back. “Give me the water.” The girl to my left, who was rather…round, passed a large bottle of water to Morgana. “You know, Angelica, I’ve always hated you.” Morgana paced in front of me. “You always get good grades. You are always favored by the teachers. You’re favored by a countless number of cute guys. One of them being Riccardo. Which may be the cause of your possible death.”

            I guess I was just being insane, but I laughed. “You’re going to kill me?” I laughed hystAlexally. “What good will it do to kill me? Riccardo won’t like you any more than he already does.” Morgana pressed her lips. “Let’s say you do kill me? Riccardo would simply hate you for killing his best friend. You’ll probably end up in jail with these two goons and my dead spirit laughing at you.” Morgana stomped up to me and slapped me.