Epilogue

Gawain’s POV

I set Angelica down on her bed. She clung to me so tightly, it pained my heart.

“I’m sorry…” I whispered, brushing hair from her face. “I didn’t protect you well enough. I never do.”

“No…” Angelica smiled weakly. “You came, that’s what counts.” She wrapped her hand around mine. “Just tell me what you really are.”

“I can’t.” I said.

“Go ahead and tell her.” Riccardo walked in from nowhere. I looked at him in shock. “Go on, I’m waiting.”

I turned back to Angelica. “I… I’m a demon.”

“And I’m about to make you human again.” Riccardo interrupted.

“WHAT?” I turned violently. “That’s going to cost you your life!”

“But, you love her, don’t you?” Riccardo shrugged. “I’ve been alive for long enough.” Riccardo walked up to me and touched my forehead. In the blink of an eye, he was gone. I stood up and ran to a mirror. I smiled as my once black hair changed blonde. My eyes… a beautiful shade of green. I smiled as the me before death came back to life.

I turned back to Angelica. “I love you.” She got up from the bed and ran into my arms.

“I love you too,” She breathes, hugging me tightly.

~28 years later~

My mother always told me to believe in miracles, no matter what it was. I looked at the stars. What did my mother see in the sky every time she looked up? Whenever I asked her, she would say my father’s smile.

“Skylar!” I heard my mother call from downstairs. I quickly rushed downstairs and asked my mother what she needed. She handed me a small box. I looked at her in confusion. Today wasn’t anything special. I slid the cover of the box off, revealing a necklace that was shaped like a star. “Don’t forget,” My mother gave me one of her genuine smiles. “Whenever you see one… Wherever you see one.” She stroked my brown hair. “Wish upon a star.”

A/n: 

THANKS FOR READING MY STORY! I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT!!!