Chapter 7- Shopping!

“What the hell are you doing to my sister?” Alex ran in with the broom. He managed to catch Gawain peck me on the lips. It wasn’t anything major, I had no idea why he decided to freak out about it.

            “Chill out, Alex. We’re going to prom together. So I got to go, okay?” I smiled at Alex, grabbed Gawain’s hand, and ran out the door. I shoved Gawain inside my car, which is an Infiniti JX35 by the way, and drove away. “So first, to the mall.” I called out a few of my friends to go dress shopping. They all agreed and asked who I was taking to prom. Apparently, word got out that I reserved two tickets and since it was I who reserved it, it must be a guy who doesn’t attend our school.

            “So, what are we going to do at the mall?” Gawain questioned while looking out the window.

            “Naturally, we’re buying you a tuxedo.” I answered him.

            “Can we stop by a guitar shop?” Gawain asked. “I need to buy a guitar.” I nodded in reply. The drive to the mall didn’t take more than twenty minutes. Our meeting place was obviously the cafeteria because we all just love food. Gawain and I stepped out of the car at the same time. “May I?” Gawain gestured for my hand. I nodded in reply. He took my hand and we walked into the cafeteria together.

            “Angelica,” Moriko waved at me. Moriko is half Japanese and half Taiwanese. We’ve been friends since middle school along with Harmoni, Luis and Michelle. It seemed I was the last to arrive. We were all supposed to be attending prom in a group, but Rose, Michelle, and Dakota all got dates. Now, I have Gawain.

            “Angelica, you finally have a boyfriend!” Rose shrieked. “He’s really cute,” Rose whispered into my ear. I met Rose freshman year. We were in the same orchestra class. That was when we sucked at playing the violin.

            “I think you need to introduce us to your boyfriend.” Dakota teased.

            “Hello, my name is Gawain Alvey and I am 19 years old. Angelica and I have known each other for quite a while now. Maybe about 4 years. I am currently not in college because I graduated from Harvard’s medical program at the age of sixteen because I am and was a child prodigy.” Gawain bragged about things I never knew. I gave him the what-the-hell-are-you-doing look and he shrugged in response. My friends looked at him, their jaws on the floor.

            “Really? Because you look like you’re kidding.” Michelle laughed as if it was a joke, but Gawain’s face remained straight.

            “No, I’m not kidding.” Gawain frowned. “But it’s okay if you don’t believe me. Several people still don’t.” Gawain laughed to lighten the mood. “Now, shall we get going?” At first, the environment was really awkward, but everyone seemed to warm up to Gawain eventually. Actually, they did quite quickly. We headed to the men’s tuxedo store first. Gawain eyed a black dress shirt when we were looking for something that would fit him. It appeared a bit fitting, but it fit him quite well. When he stepped out of the dressing room in full attire except the blazer, I was stunned. Not only by the way he looked, but by his preference.

            I’ve been watching him since this morning and I don’t think he’s normal. First, he can change both hair and eye color whenever needed. When he switches eye color, whatever he’s wearing will change to the opposite color. Most of all, his personality. When his eyes are green, he seems rather insensitive towards others, but makes me his number one priority. He seems much more seductive and it feels like he knows it. It’s like he’s playing with my feelings. When his eyes are blue, he is much kinder. He actually considers my feelings when his eyes are blue. Where things are standing, Mr. Green is actually winning because he’s kissed me twice while Mr. Blue hasn’t done anything but hug me.

            I didn’t even notice I was spaced out until Gawain brought me back to earth by kissing me on the forehead. “What you thinking about, my little kitten?” I had to look up at him since I was sitting on a bench and he was standing in front of me. Plus, he’s like six feet tall. “Does this look nice?” I hadn’t noticed he went back into the dressing room and changed into a dark blue dress shirt. “Well?”

            “Do you like it, Gawain?” I asked looking him in the eye.

            He knelt down on one knee so that it would be easier for me to look at him. “I think I asked you first.” Gawain laughed. He’s totally playing with my feelings.

            “It looks nice on you Gawain. It really brings out your eyes.” I answered him and stood. “Will you please come with me, I need to ask you a very important question.” He nodded and stood. I took his hand and dragged him into the dressing room. “Do you really have feelings for me or are you just messing with me?” I asked, my arms crossed against my chest. “We haven’t even met each other before. Did you just lie to my friends?”

            “Excuse me? I,” Gawain suddenly shifted eye color to blue. “It’s more than just feelings anymore, Angelica. I,” Gawain shifted again to green. “I would never lie to your friends, nor would I ever lie to you. We really have known each other for a long time, but I don’t want to tell you where we’ve met before because it will bring back bad memories. I,” Gawain’s eyes shifted again, but this time to red. “I don’t want to show you my real form.”

            “Gawain,” I whimpered because it looked like it pained him to shift. I was surprised at the fact that I wasn’t surprised that he was this weird. “What are you? Show me, please.” He looked at me with pleading eyes.

            “Please take that back, don’t say you want to see the real me.” Gawain begged. “I don’t want you to see.”

            “Show me,” I demanded. I felt a rush of air and found myself nowhere. Literally. I was most likely in a black room, but I couldn’t tell if it had any walls. I decided to stay put. Suddenly I felt a pair of hands slither from my back around my waist.

            “I told you not to ask.” I heard Gawain’s warm voice laugh. “I won’t allow you to look at me. I forbid you.” I could feel his hands shaking as they touched my abdomen.

            “I’m going to look, Gawain.” I put my hand on his hands and peeled his hands from their location. I turned and saw…Gawain. His eyes were pitch black and his hair was long and flowing. He was wearing a navy blue kimono. His face was the same cute face and he had wings of blue fire. “Are you a god or something?” I asked bluntly.

            “No, it’s not like that.” Gawain laughed. “I’m not allowed to tell you anything right now. I’ve already shown you my true appearance. So, please stop asking questions.”

            “I’m fine with that.” I answered grabbing his kimono in the chest region. “But I don’t think you ever answered my question.”

            “Angelica, I love you.” Gawain said pulling me close and crushing me into his body. “I’ve loved you for the longest time ever.” He kissed me. And you know what, I definitely kissed back. My hands ended up on the back of his neck. And… Heck, I don’t even have to tell you.