Day One [Edited]

It all started with a note. Something simple on a fading yellow sticky note. The edges crinkled slightly as if it wasn't held with much care and the thick black ink smudging slightly as if frantically written and not given time to dry. The one note stopped me in my tracks, not because it was in a room i had just been in with an empty house, or because whoever was creeping in my house must still be close by, but because the words could very well claim my future. It read “Ms. Nairo, meet me at the south boat dock wednesday at midnight. If you don't show I will pick you up myself and it won’t be as pleasant XOXO” Nervously I looked around the area and out the window to make sure I couldnt spot the threat before turning back to the note nervously.

There was no name or anything showing who had left the note but my instincts say that this can’t be good.They threatened me, they aren't the nicest or the safest and could be very dangerous. If it was someone I knew why would they threaten me? My friends know that I would help them with anything they needed. All they would have to do is show up here to see me or call. I always answer and I always help. Whoever left this is up to no good or doesnt know me well enough to handle things in a better manner.

It’s wednesday morning and I have just gotten up. My eyes are barely open but I can hear the water from the lake just outside my window sloshing against the dock. Fresh air wafted through the open window by my head, cool from the heavy shade cast by the trees surrounding my house. I live in a Secluded cottage on lake Litria. It's always nice here with all of the nature and the not having a city so close by that I have to listen to the cars honk or the loud noises people leave behind. You don't normally notice because it seems so normal to you to hear so much going on in one little area. It's very peaceful and relaxing; especially for an aspiring novelist like myself. The quiet helps when I need to think about my writing and theres a far less number distractions. That is until I remembered the sticky note and meeting the secret person tonight.