Day Five [Edited]

That was when I felt the scariest thing in my life. I tried to calmly walk into the bathroom but as soon as I walked in I started to panic. I was spotting. This being my first pregnancy I didn't know what to do. I went out and told Gabriel. Everyone began to panic at once until Gabriel told them all to calm down they were making the situation worse. “I am going to take Brooke to the hospital to get things checked out. I will let you know what they say.”

“I will go with you for if they find out about the genetics. I can help explain.”

“Okay Bryce you can go as back up, Cameron can you watch Addyson?”

“I have to work in an hour sorry.”

“I could watch her. We can stay here and she can play with her toys.” Kira, always the helpful one, offered. Gabriel hesitated only a moment before agreeing and hauling ass out the door so we could go to the hospital.

I sat in the back as Gabriel drove and Bryce kept checking if i was getting any pain. He seemed worried when I told him there was a lot of pinching on my lower stomach. He said I might be having contractions and that we needed to get to the hospital very quickly to avoid losing the babies.

We pulled up to the ER and Gabriel rushed me inside while Bryce parked the truck. We explained what was going on and immediately were seen. The doctor led us in the back and had me change into a hospital gown. “How far along are you?” I looked at Gabriel for support, I didn't know how to answer.

“She’s about five months.”

“Shes big for five months.”

“Thats because she is having triplets. We found out today my friend is a genetic doctor and had ultrasound equipment and we did an ultrasound earlier today. She noticed the spotting almost immediately after and we rushed her in because she has o- blood type and we were worried she was aborting her baby.” The doctor was preparing to take my blood.

“We can perform amniocentesis to check the blood type. It can be tricky but it can be done. We would have to give Brooklyn and anesthetic and then draw amniotic fluid from all three sacs. I can then tell you the blood type of her and each baby.”

“If it can help I want to do it.”

“Alright. I will use some of this blood sample to confirm your blood type. Gabriel would you be willing to do a blood test as well?”

“Of course, may I ask why you would need it?”

“Just to confirm your blood type as well, one of you has to have your blood type wrong if her body is fighting it off.” The doctor went and got a sterile needle so that he could take sample. Just as he walked back in so did Bryce. We explained what was going on and he seemed to pale. Since the doctor had left we decided to ask him what was going on.

“Well guys prepare for hectic. I checked both of your blood types I know you both have o-. at least one baby has A, B, or AB. A baby with to o- blood types should be o- and nothing else.Just then the Doctor came back in. He explained that we both had o- blood type so the babies should be o- as well and so it has to be a completely different reason my body is trying to fight it off. He started the anesthetic while getting the needles and ultrasound ready for the procedure. I was under within minutes.

Gabriel POV

I watched as the doctor inserted the cam for a transvaginal ultrasound. He explained that they did that on any case of multiple births to make sure they his each sac. His assistant began to clean the area where they would insert the first needle. They watched the screen as they inserted the needle and carefully took a little of the amniotic fluid before pulling the needle out and labeling it girl number one. They then went on to take the next two samples each from the separate placentas. After labeling the other two girl number two and boy they went on to leave the room. The doctor informed us that He was going to go run the blood types before he did anything. While he was gone Brooke slowly began to wake up and we explained how everything went and let her know the doctor said the sac thought be healed in 24-48 hours so there was nothing to worry about.