Day Twenty [Edited]

September 3rd, 2017

Beta Alexander POV

Today is the initiation ceremony for Addyson Brashe. Normally the alpha would head the ceremony but he is just too sick to be able to do it. Instead I will be filling in. I have spent the morning going over the words and getting ready for later tonight. I have never done the ceremony before yet I have seen it multiple times. It will be weird for a while but that is okay.

I used to be nervous about the ceremony because it will inevitably lead to a new alpha. When a new alpha is established they also eventually choose a new beta. I wasn’t sure I wanted to step down at first but now I am okay with it. My son will be taking over as alpha and I will have more time to help out with other things. Also I will become an elder which means I can still help them out when they need it. Anytime they think they aren't sure about something I can give them advice.

My soul job as beta has been to assist people who need my help. I will be continuing that even as I step down so I don't feel as though I am abandoning my post. I will just be moving aside so that someone younger and more capable can step up and assist the new, young, alpha. It is the best step to move the pack forward and I will stand beside it until the end of my days.

Ash POV

I have spent the entire morning being nervous about the ceremony tonight. As Addie’s mate I have a part in the ceremony. Instead of the ceremony like Aiden had we will be shifting together as one. Because we are mates, two halves to a whole, and we will be together now and forever. In a pack and the given situation that will be our way of claiming each other formally. Then we will be together and I will be able to assume my duty as alpha.

Tonight is the beginning of our new life. Addie will be a new member of our pack and will also become luna, I will become alpha and my duties will assume first thing in the morning after my Alpha Michael claims me as alpha. That is why he has refused to come off life support and end his suffering. I can't become alpha until he makes it known to the pack. If he died before he could pass it on Beta Alexander would become alpha and have to chose his new beta.

Addyson POV

I have changed into a white dress, normal for a claiming initiation ceremony, and done my hair up so I look presentable. I have to do my initiation ceremony tonight and I am a little nervous. I was glad to know that I would not be up there by myself. Beta Alexander and my fiance Ash will be there with me. I finished with my hair and walked out to stand by Ash. Beta Alexander showed up to start the ceremony.

“We are here today for a very special occasion. Addyson Mae Brashe will be joining us as a member of the Emerald Moon Pack. Not only will she be joining as one of us she will also be claimed by Ash Alexander and soon become the luna of the pack ruling by future Alpha Ash’s side.

“As we are beneath the moon where werewolves belong the Emerald Moon Pack accepts Addyson Mae Brashe into its folds. We will protect her as we would family as well as a leader just as she would for us. When Addyson shifts she will not be shifting as a rogue but as a member of the wolf society with a new leadership role to uphold.” Beta Alexander’s words moved something inside of me and I couldn't help as my instincts began to make me shift.Looking at Ash I saw that just as I was he was shifting too. He has claimed me as his mate.

I was filled with love from the fact Ash had claimed me in front of everyone. As planned we both took off for our first hunt as mates. It is customary when you first claim each other. We ran through the woods enjoying the wind through our hair before we took down a bear together. Each taking hold we pulled the bear back to the pack house to enjoy the celebration.

Ash POV

Last night we had all enjoyed enjoyed the celebrations after the ceremony. Things are much more serious this morning as Beta Alexander and Addie join me in my visit with Alpha Michael. Today I will be turned into the pack alpha and resume the duties Alpha Michael is leaving behind. Walking into the room Alpha Michael is staying in always fills me with sadness. It is so hard to see him stuck in a hospital bed unable to live without the help of machines.