Day Twelve [Edited]

Once I was home I had to think on the fact that Payton might be my soul mate and what it could mean in the future. As I was beginning to drift off Addyson walked in my room, “Bubby? Will you play with me? Daddy had to go to work and Kira is watching the babies.”

“Where did mom go?”

“She said something about getting you ready for school. I’m tired of chasing the babies around. Can I hang out with you?”

“I was going to go looking for a cave you wanna go with me?” Addyson was enthusiastic about the idea of getting out of the house. Knowing she couldn't shift into a wolf I went and got the quad out of the garage. Telling Kira where we were going I put Addyson on in front of me between my arms and steered towards where I had gotten attacked earlier this morning.

Keeping a close eye out for anything dangerous I continued my sweep along the mountain. Addyson is too small to survive if we got attacked so my senses were on high alert. We found the cave I was looking for North of the house. There was a black bear fur as a door. Pulling out my knife and light I opened the door to go in keeping Addyson close to me.

There was nothing in the cave which surprised me. All that was there was a fire pit that was lightly smoking. Someone has been here today. Reaching down to feel the coals I noticed they were very hot. Almost like someone had tried to put it out but had not succeeded. Whoever was here cant have gotten far. I need to get Addyson somewhere safe and grab Ash so that I have backup.

Leading Addyson out of the cave I sat her on the quad and shot towards our house. Mom was just arriving when we did. She hugged us both and told me that Monday I would be going into school to take the placement test.

“Hey mom is dad going to be home tonight?”

“Yes why?”

“My initiation ceremony is tonight. They said my immediate family could come.”

“We will be there, it’s at midnight right?” I nodded and she asked what I was going to do until then. I explained to her that I had found a cave and I was going to get Ash to explore it with me. She okayed me to go and said she would be there tonight. Addyson asked if she could go with me to see Ash. I didn't see what was wrong with it so I told her yes. It’s not like I will have time to explore the cave tonight.

After helping Addyson pick out a dress and braid her hair she was ready to go. I put her on the quad once again and headed to the pack house. The scouts no longer alert the Alpha when they catch my scent crossing the property line. I was able to get to the pack house with no problems. Ash was in the kitchen when I got there, “Payton isn’t here. She went with the hunting party that left an hour ago.”

“That’s okay you're the one I was looking for.”

“Oh, okay then who is this beautiful lady you have brought with you?” He was talking about Addyson and I could barely hold back a chuckle when my four year old sister blushed and batted her eyelashes. I think someone has a new crush.

“This is my four year old sister Addyson.”

“I’m four and a half!”

“Well Addyson I’m very pleased to meet you.” She smiled at him and went over to sit on his lap. Definitely a kid crush. I explained to Ash about the cave I found and the smoke inside, “Well I can get Jay, Hailey and Chris to come with us. They are my fighting team. We can head out after your party tonight. It will be late enough we might be able to catch them while asleep.”

“Do you think they will help?”

“I’m sure once I tell them it could be a rogue they will want to help. It’s not often you can catch a rogue that doesn't cross the border.”

“What happened to the rogue that attacked me?”

“He confessed his name was Jaxon, no last name, he won't confess as to why he attacked until he speaks to you. Dad wasn’t going to bother you until after your ceremony.”

“What will happen to him?”

“He will become an Omega eventually once we know he won't hurt anybody else.” seeing the questions in my eyes he explained that all prisoners that don't get the death penalty are slowly mixed into the pack after they have shown loyalty. It’s the only option, nobody is released back after attacking a pack.”

“Technically he only attacked me and I’m not a part of the pack yet.”

“You might as well be. Your ceremony is tonight and even without that I heard about you and Payton being mates you would have been pressed into the pack or not be together”

“How did you find out?”

“Apparently dad and Payton got in a fight earlier today and he didn't want her near you until after the ceremony and she told him she couldn't control what happens because she thinks you're her mate. She talked to mom and she has been buzzing with excitement. I imagine she will find your mother tonight to talk about wedding plans.”

“But I’m technically only six.”

“And she’s only five but physically you are almost thirteen and she is about to be twelve. They will plan every detail and by time you turn eight you will be married by a pack elder. Our marriages are different than a human’s. We try to follow a true wolfs timeline. You can get married as early as 2 years old in wolf years, we allow it at eight.”

“Isnt that a little early to be living together?”

“Not really but I have lived like this my entire life. I could be married by now if only I could find my mate. Before I become the leader of the full warrior part of the pack Alpha and Beta will make sure I have every opportunity to find my mate. They sometimes send you out and have you meet everyone in neighboring packs.”

“How many packs are there?”

“There are three in the immediate area; Emerald Moon Pack, that’s us, Nightstar Pack, They are north of us, and Dark Nyt Pack, they are southeast of us. There of course are the rogue packs but they don't stick around long and they definitely don't just walk up and tell us about their pack so we don't have much about them.”

It was time to head out for my ceremony and so I let Ash lead the way to where I had to be. Addyson wanted to stay with him so he promised to look for my mom. I went out to the main courtyard and stood in the front with Alpha Michael and Beta Alexander.

“By now I am sure you have all heard about Aiden Nairo and the decision to join our pack. Normal protocol would call for a ninetynine percent vote from all members of the pack to join. We have done some research and Aiden is Blood to our pack. Past Alpha Nairo was his grandfather. By right he belongs in the back therefore the elders discussed it and gave the okay. We are here to day for his initiation ceremony.

“Aiden has force shifted and found a pack in a matter of days but this is not the most exciting part. Some gossip has been going around that Delta Alexander has found her mate. Though as only pups they cannot be sure we are almost certain that Aiden Nairo and Payton Alexander are indeed mates. We will look further into it when their time of marriage comes. Now to get on with the ceremony.

“As we are beneath the moon where werewolves belong the Emerald Moon Pack accepts Aiden Joshua Nairo into its folds. We will protect him as we would family just as he would for us. When Aiden Nairo shifts he will not be shifting as a rogue but as a member of the wolf society.” As Alpha Michael continued I could feel my instincts making me want to shift. I held off until he was done speaking and then shifted into the Timber wolf that I am. Everyone applauded and slowly shifted showing that we are a pack not a lone wolf.

When I shifted back I was crushed in a group hug of my family and friends happy and excited for me.