Day Twenty-two [Edited]

The ceremony was beautiful. Cameron and Kira decided after the engagement to write their own vows. I never knew how poetic they could be until now. Maybe love just makes you that way. We weren't even half way through the ceremony and tears were threatening to spill. It was just so beautiful. There was the kiss and we all broke into applause. Cameron escorted Kira down the aisle and we all followed after.

The two greeted all of us as we passed. There were hugs and words of congratulations. Soon they were ready to head to the reception. In a mustang that read just married Cameron and Kira left to meet us at the reception area.

The wedding party, including me, went to the area set aside to take photos before we headed to the ceremony. We took all kinds of photos and such before heading to the reception so we can greet the guests as they arrive. We pulled up to see the most beautiful reception hall decorated in all colors of roses. When you enter there are white table cloths and white chairs. Everyone was beginning to drink and enjoy themselves.

We were announced one by one as we entered the room. Last to enter was the bride and groom. As they stepped onto the floor Mr. and Mrs. Brashe began their first dance as man and wife. As the song ended and the bride and groom headed off to work the room Ash asked if I wanted to dance. I took his hand and let him lead me to the dance floor.

I wrapped my arms around Ash’s neck and he put his on my waist. We danced for the entire song holding each other close. Sadly the song had to end and we all took our seats so the bride and groom could speak.

“Thank you friends and family for joining us on our special day. We are so happy that you would chose to spend your day with us in such a big point in our life. Without your support none of this could ever have happened. Thank you so much, please enjoy the celebratory meal.” Everyone clapped and the newly weds sat down as the dishes were brought out.

After the Appetizer dad stood up so he could make his speech. “Hello everyone, thankyou for coming. I just wanted to say a few words in celebration on the wedding. Cameron is my only brother, we have been together through thick and thin. When he wanted to go cliff diving we went together. When I wanted to go to a party we went together. I was there through his good and his bad. When I found out Kira and he were together I was unsure at first. I didn't know Kira well and I wasn't sure I was ready to lose my brother, and best friend, to her.

“Slowly I got to know her. Soon what worried me before began to disappear. I soon wanted them to be together. I saw how perfect they were for each other and I knew it was what was best. Soon he let me in on a little secret, he was planning to ask Kira to marry him. He came to me looking for advice and wanting to know if I thought he was making the right decision. As his brother I am supposed to support his decisions.

“We sat and planned the perfect way to propose and where to do it. For new years they invited my family over. Cameron had asked if I would keep the ring at my house to ensure that she wouldn't find it. At midnight as the ball dropped he got on one knee and asked the love of his life to marry him. We are here today because she said yes and to support them in their new life. Congratulations little brother, you have the love of your life. Kira, welcome to the family.” Everyone clapped and got excited as my dad took his seat and they brought out the main course.

The second speech was from my mom. “I hope everyone is enjoying their food. I also wanted to say a few words. Kira and I are not sisters by blood but we are sisters at heart. We have been around each other since the beginning of our lives. Our parents lived next door to each other and we were constantly at each other’s house. Our favorite thing to do was make cakes in the easy bake oven and play like it was our wedding.

“One time we thought we needed a real wedding dress so we ended up sneaking into my mom’s closet and getting her dress she kept hidden in the back. We took turns putting it on and trying to do each others hair. Every time we played she would tell me how much she wanted to have a fairytail wedding. She wanted a big puffy dress and a lot of roses.

“Today, as her maid of honor, I have tried my hardest to make it her dream wedding. I took every detail I remembered from our life together and turned it into a life size replica. We have the big cake and the pretty dress. Her favorite music and her favorite food. Everything was done to make her happy. I know that Cameron has the same mind set to want to make her happy. With that said I congratulate them both on their wonderful wedding and wish them the best of luck with their life together.” Everyone clapped again while the bride and groom stood up to cut the cake. They were served first and then we slowly worked through the whole crowd.

The cake was a beautiful five tiered white cake. There were roses going up the side and a cute little bride and groom figurine on top. I had helped mom place the order for the cake and I knew that she based it off of a drawing they had made of her dream cake when they were little. It was chocolate on the inside and just delicious.

I sat and watched as children dug into the cake making messes and having a good time. Slowly the crowd began to go back to dancing. Everyone has drank a little bit and are beginning to cut themselves off. They have the plan that all of the adults will take their kids to be watched and go to a nearby hotel that let us rent their bar. We felt it would be a lot safer that they can stay there rather than risk driving home drunk. Ash asked me to dance once again and we began to make our way to the dance floor. We passed Payton and Noah as well as Blaine and his wife. Everyone was having a good time.

We were between songs when the sound of the doors opening caught the attention of everyone on the dance floor. In strode my long lost brother looking regal in a suit and tie. He had a beautiful woman on his arm that was wearing a light peach colored dress. The music stopped and everyone stared in shock. An original groomsman and the wanted future beta of the Emerald Moon Pack. It was safe to say everyone in the rooms jaw dropped.

To be continued.