Day Sixteen [Edited]

January 1st, 2016

Cameron POV

Gabriel and I have been working for the past few days making plans to test project 3761 on ourselves. Normally you wouldn't test on yourself but we don't want everyone in the world to know what we are developing and we don't need a replay of what we did to Brooke. I was uncomfortable with kidnapping and so when we discussed testing the new serum I volunteered to be tested on.

Gabriel is like a brother to me and when the idea of testing on me came up he thought it was a ridiculous idea. He didn't want to take the risk so we had to brainstorm a little more to make a decision. After a while with no other ideas we decided to test the serum with a blood sample to see what would happen.

We were surprised at the results of the test. The genetic makeup was was an exact match to the sample we got from Alpha Michael. With that assurance we decided we would do this together. If I was being tested on there was no way Gabriel wasn't going to do it too. We had set a date to start the experiment but there were personal problems with family and such that prevented it.

Today is the second day we sat up. We needed time to convince family and friends that it was perfectly safe and if something went wrong we had a backup plan, the injection that reverses the effects. Addyson now understands that if this works she will have her chance as well. Kira finally agreed with the warning if it didn't work I couldn't wine to her. I just laughed and promised everything would be fine.

Gabriel entered the room with Alpha Michael in tow. We had asked him if he could be here for if something goes wrong. Alphas have a control over other wolves and we also told him how to do the backup vaccination if we needed it. Alpha Michael took a seat. Gabriel sat on the hospital style bed and I cleaned the area before injecting him with the serum.

At first Gabriel did nothing but then he felt a sharp pain in his arms. He started rapidly spazzing human arm to wolf arm and then it stayed. He was yelling in pain and so I took the appropriate dose of painkiller and injected that as well. As that started to kick in his pain lessened. He slowly continued to shift. It looked like he was going to get stuck and he was almost there. Alpha Michael sensing the problem waited to see if the shifting had stopped. Knowing it had he used his alpha tone to command Gabriel to shift. After a minute he began shifting again and made a complete transformation. It had been a success so far.

I watched as Alpha Michael coached him to get him to shift back but Gabriel was having trouble. I think the pain killer has slowed him down. No matter what I can't leave him like this alone. First I cleaned my arm and did a pain killer injection then the serum. My body began to contort and shape itself as it had with Gabriel. It only hurt a moment before the first shot kicked in and I could feel nothing. I got stuck half way and all I could feel was my body floating on a cloud. Just like with Gabriel Alpha Michael commanded and I shifted completely.

“I’m not sure why you guys cant shift back. You need to picture in your minds yourself as a human. Try to sense like a human and dimm the wolf.” I tried to picture myself as a human but I wasn't shifting. That entire night I couldn't shift back.

In the early hours of the morning Alpha Michael walked us to Gabriel’s house and explained to both Brooke and Kira what had happened and that he thinks we will shift back in the night when the painkiller wears off. Brooke took Gabriel upstairs after offering the living room to Kira and I. Alpha Michael was offered to stay but had a pack to tend to and headed out as the sky began to lighten up.

By morning we had shifted back just as Alpha Michael had thought. We played around shifting back and forth until we could do both without a lot of trouble. We could almost shift as fast as Aiden. He thought it was cool to have new wolves around. He took us for runs and showed us some bunker his grandpa had been making. Gabriel and I have decided to help him out as much as we can.