Day Six [Edited]

"They were  right. I'm this...harbinger of...chaos." Tears welled in Aiden's eyes and his voice cracked.

"I-I don't...mean to be. Things just...happen!"

I hadn’t even noticed Aiden entering the room I had been too busy calming Addyson who had become upset that her father was still gone, “Aiden what are you talking about? What chaos?”

“Everything going wrong in your life! If I hadn't shown up you wouldn't have reported Victor to the police and Gabriel wouldn't be gone! Addyson would be playing with her toys instead of crying over her missing father! Besides you can't hide it, I know you're in pain, you're probably going to go into labor from all of the stress and theres nothing I can do about it. I started all of this, maybe I should just leave.”

“None of that is your fault. Gabriel would have been arrested whether I reported Victor or not. He was wanted for kidnapping, Victor just sped up the process. Addyson will be fine and Gabriel will be back tomorrow after court we just need to keep calm until then. I have hired him the best lawyer I can find and they don't have much to go on if I wont press charges. As for the pain you are seeing it’s because one of the babies are kicking, not actual pain. It’s still a weird feeling and it shocks me from time to time. Nothing stress related I promise. I’m not due for two more weeks and even if I did go into labor I wouldn't lose the babies. Everything is developed they just might have a little trouble breathing. The point is though that the babies are not a concern so everything will be okay I promise.”  Aiden seemed a little calmer now that he didn't feel like he was to blame. Instead of moping around the house like he had been doing since Gabriel’s arrest he took Addyson out in the yard to play and keep her mind off of things.

“Hey you should try this,” Kira walked through my door like she owned the place, “they say the fiber will help when you feel uncomfortable during pregnancy.”

I looked at the gross looking goo that Kira was holding out to me, the stink wafted off of it in waves, and answered in my most serious face, “If I want fiber I will eat a wicker basket thank you.”

Without missing a beat Kira shrugged and went on eating the green goo, “So when is Gabe getting back?”

“His court hearing is in the morning, hopefully he comes home with me.”

“What are you doing with Addyson and Aiden?” I guess I hadn't thought of that.

“Maybe leave them home, is twelve old enough to stay home alone babysitting a four year old?”

“Not really, I can watch them if you want. I was going to be out on my boat so they can fish or swim or something,”

“Are you going to try and feed them that goo?” I raised my eyebrow skeptically.

“I don't see what is so wrong with it!” she must have caught the smell because she seemed to turn green in the face and went to get rid of the goo. I am so glad she realized how gross that is, if I watched her eat it much longer I think I would have been sick.

Knowing that Kira was going to babysit today made things so much easier. I easily got up and ready for the big day ahead of me. Kira, on time as usual, was here just as she said she would to help me get things around. Leaving Kira alone with the children I began the drive to what could turn out to be one of the worst days of my life.

About thirty minutes into the hearing things were not looking good for Gabriel, Bryce, and Cameron. “Your honor I don't see how Ms. Nairo can even be allowed to testify! She clearly is suffering from stockholm syndrome or even PTSD. She was kidnapped and tested on without her consent, surely you can see the unjust of it all.”