7| you tore my 50 dollar skirt

I know I could lie, but I won't lie to you,
Wherever I go, you're the ghost in the room.
~ one republic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kat

"Argh! I can't believe that asshole! Does he do that to all of his employees?" I ramble off to Bella. "If he does then I wonder how they can tolerate him!" Full of anger, I stand up and start pacing.

"Maybe the reason why they stayed is because of his good looks?" Bella says while eyeing the picture of Calvin on my laptop.

Ignoring her, I grab my laptop and close the the picture of him. "Oh come on Kat you have to agree with me, he is pretty hot." Grabbing the laptop from me, she opens the picture again and continues drooling.

"Yes. He is hot, but he's a total dick! I mean yeah, my skirt was ripped -" I say, glaring at Bella "- and sure I had lipstick smudged on me, but that doesn't give him the right to treat me like trash!" I walk over to our coach and fall into it, tired from pacing and complaining.

I lean my head back and observe our living room. The walls are wooden with the ceiling so high, you'd probably need three ladders to reach the top. And a large window matching the height of the ceiling.

"You know what? Sulk here with the lights off. I'm going to Mart88 to buy tampons." Bella closes the laptop and grabs her coat. "And why didn't you check your face before entering the Office? That's just stupid." She slams the door once she got out.

Why didn't I check my face? Why didn't she tell me? Wait, she's mad at me? I didn't do anything!

I stand up and grab my boots. I lock the door and follow her.

"You're blaming me for this?" I grunt once I reach Bella's side.

"Of course, it's your fault." She snaps.

I gasp, "My fault?! How is this my fault? You were the one who pushed me to go get a job at 'Calvin's Creamy Caramel'. I mean, why would you let me get a job in a condom company?"

Bella stops walking and looks at me, harshly, "I didn't know it was a condom company! And if you never slept with Mark, you'd still be working in that job of yours which you love so much!"

She turns around, leaving my mouth a gape. Mark? She's bringing up Mark?

"I didn't sleep with Mark and you know that!" I scream.

She continues walking headed straight for Mart88.

I gasp once more, "You don't believe me!" I say it more like an accusation that a question.

She enters Mart88, a tiny grocery store found a block after our apartment, completely ignoring me.

"What the Fuck Bella!" I open the door of Mart88 and stand beside her as she run her fingers on the tampons.

"I did not sleep with Mark!" I whisper-shout.

"Well," she scans the tampons and takes one pack, "tell that to Monica."

"No, we are not bringing that up!" I frown and cross my fingers.

Monica is- no, was my boss. She hired me as her assistant for Interior Designing and we've been partners ever since. Before she accused me of sleeping with her fiancé, Mark, that is.